The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind LIVE 2: Sunday November 17th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
563 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Penguin is usually very good about making it available for download shortly after the lecture is finished (last few have been within 12 hours). Just give them a few more hours, I'm sure it will be there.

Back to the topic, I still haven't finished Richard's first lecture (that is what I will be watching during my lunch hour today). Looking forward to this one, Richard is awesome.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1048 Posts

Profile of sbays
"Penguin is usually very good about making it available for download shortly after the lecture is finished (last few have been within 12 hours). Just give them a few more hours, I'm sure it will be there".

I just had a chat with a Penguin rep. I understand it takes time to prep the file for download, which I have no issue with. What I DO have issue with is being told it is available for "Instant Download" when it simply isn't. The product page should state clearly if it is ready or not. If I pay Fed Ex for guaranteed 2 day delivery, then I expect just that.

Not that huge of a deal, but I do wish companies would practice a little more care in these matters. As a consumer, I do not like being mislead. I even gave someone my hours at work today so I could play hookie and watch this. HAH So I am out both. But this is how misleading statements can affect people.

Still love ya Penguin! Smile
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I agree - there's absolutely no reason why they can't make this clear on their site and I don't think they'd lose any sales.

In fact they COULD implement a 'sign up to receive notification when this is ready to download' list...

Jamie
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4164 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Might have something to do with the fact that we had a near monsoon here in Columbus last night right as the lecture was about to start. I'm sure that messed with the technical side of things a little.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
I'm VERY sorry for this confusion, and I actually addressed it with the team this morning. I don't think it will happen again.

Richard's lecture was so long (4+ hours) that they had to re-compress it to make it a reasonable size. This was unexpected.

Bottom line though, is that you're not upset that it's taking long, you're upset because it says "download instantly". This is bad language on our site, and I'll fix this today so it never happens again. Funny thing is, it's said that all week during the reservation period too, it's just how our downloadable product pages look, and has always looked for all our past lectures, but today is the day that changes! Smile

Guys, thanks for all the support, and for taking the time to post. You always help us see what's important to you, and ultimately we exist to serve you. Thank you again.
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
Ok, I was puzzled too, so I dug into it. Turns out, the file was still too big. Darn you, Osterlind!!!!! Just kidding, it was awesome Smile

We're re-uploading it as I type this. Should be available within the hour. Thanks for all your patience and support everyone!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
The Penguin lectures also get advertised as 2 hr. live events. Most go well over that advertised time and some even double that time ( David Williamson, Richard last night ). That's under promising and over delivering, big time. Sales 101 at its finest!

Patience is a virgin, or something like that;-)
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1048 Posts

Profile of sbays
"Patience is a virgin, or something like that;-)"

Time and tide wait for no man. Smile But yeah glad to see Acar is always responsive to customer feedback. I think this is why Penguin has become what it is today. Penguin is always my first source for any and all of my mystery needs.
overflow
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
188 Posts

Profile of overflow
.........they still need at least 2-3 hours
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Any news, Acar? 3 hours beyond the 'within the hour' so I assume something went wrong again?

Itching to watch some of this lecture before I need some sleep ;-)
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
I messaged Penguin's, they said hopefully by the end of the day.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
944 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Ugh - that'll be tomorrow for me :-(

I best get some sleep then. Thanks for the update...
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
Just ordered - I'm looking forward to downloading tomorrow.
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
The video is now available on Penguin's site, Yea!
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
It's up! Download away!
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3801

Guys, again we battled a couple unusual factors here (power outages from wind-storms, 4+ hour long lecture and upload file-size limits), and it didn't go as smooth as normal. We'll be better prepared in the future. Thank you for all your patience and support!

Most importantly, the lecture was phenomenal. Richard, you are a genius, sir.
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
336 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Thank you again Richard, Acar and team Penguin !
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? Vincent V.G
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
185 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
Just watched the first 20 minutes during breakfast and already the first effect will be going into my repertoire straight away. Wonderfully simple and greatly adaptable. Can't wait to see more!
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Thank you, Acar, so very much for having me back.

I would have written sooner, but I just woke up ...

Richard
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1048 Posts

Profile of sbays
Woke up at 3 am this morning, went to get a drink of water and checked to see if this was ready. I ended up watching the first hour of the lecture before going back to bed. The first hour alone was worth the price of the whole lecture. But then again, how do you put a price on the kind of knowledge and experience Richard brings to the table? You don't .. you just say thank you Richard. BTW, you are a stud on those drums! I'd pay to watch you play. You know .. the drums I mean! Smile
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1345 Posts

Profile of barts185
Four hours, forty-six minutes. WoW!

In terms of the Instant Download, once it's available, it is available as an Instant Download. I guess they will need to update the wording just for the time between when the lecture finishes and when it's available. If you purchased it now, it would be available as an instant download.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind LIVE 2: Sunday November 17th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL