The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind LIVE 2: Sunday November 17th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This is a lecture that you should "live" with. No matter what type of magic you do, make up the first effect, Numero Uno. Watch the performance and then the careful explanation with all the nuances. And then practice it. Even if you think you won't use it, practice it. Get dressed up and rehearse it in the mirror. Over and over again.

You'll become a better performer, no matter what magic you perform.

This is another $1000 lecture we got for a fraction of the cost.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3559 Posts

Profile of takeachance
What size is the file? Im having problems dow loading it
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 17:17, takeachance wrote:
What size is the file? Im having problems dow loading it

Usually when that happens, it's on our end. I always clear the cache, do a re-start and then download and have no issues.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3559 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Zombie I,ll try that
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1048 Posts

Profile of sbays
Good lord ... I am only halfway through this lecture, and it is simply the best darn Penguin or any other lecture I have ever seen. WOW! Richard is sharing, and I know it is cliché, but the "Real Work" here. His advise and insights as a professional are just brilliant.

Richard, thank you SOOOO much for sharing. Penguin, thank you sooooo much for offering these lectures. Fantastic, inspiring, exciting stuff here guys.

Penguin - BOB CASSIDY soon please! Then I would have lectures from what I consider to be the two most incredible Mentalists that walk the globe today. Smile
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3559 Posts

Profile of takeachance
You guys must have super fast internet speed to download this because I've just burnt through my months limit, it's getting to be a very very expensive exercise. Can't get it to watch and Osterlind is my very favourite. Acar, how large is the file? and guys, how long is it taking for you to download?
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1048 Posts

Profile of sbays
Whoops. I just saw that penguin already has Bob Cassidy lined up. Sweeeeet. Such great stuff here. Very happy.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 18:53, takeachance wrote:
You guys must have super fast internet speed to download this because I've just burnt through my months limit, it's getting to be a very very expensive exercise. Can't get it to watch and Osterlind is my very favourite. Acar, how large is the file? and guys, how long is it taking for you to download?

takeachance you can watch the lecture without actually downloading. That's a short term fix so you can enjoy it. But, would contact Penguin for assistance on the download issue.
Otherwise dopes like me will give you all sorts of fixes that may not help.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Thanks to everyone for all the kind words. It really feels good when, after its all over, to know that a lot of you liked it.

The crew at Penguin and Paper Crane Magic are a joy to work with. Thanks to David and Patrick for doing such a good job co-hosting!

Richard
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3559 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 19:30, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:

takeachance you can watch the lecture without actually downloading. That's a short term fix so you can enjoy it. But, would contact Penguin for assistance on the download issue.

LOL, dopes like you! you have it downloaded, its me that can't seem to get it to happen LOL!. But thanks for responding to my questions Zombie, always appreciate the fact you take time out from whatever to try and help is really great. I'll see if I can just watch it then as Richard is just tremendous.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1345 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 20:01, takeachance wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 19:30, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:

LOL, dopes like you! you have it downloaded, its me that can't seem to get it to happen LOL!. But thanks for responding to my questions Zombie, always appreciate the fact you take time out from whatever to try and help is really great. I'll see if I can just watch it then as Richard is just tremendous.

If you have some sort of limit on your throughput, I'm not sure that watching it won't count as more throughput on your connection, but would lean towards saying that it does. As always, best to check with your carrier.

To answer your initial question, file size is 2,140,056 KB or just over 2 gigabytes (16.3 gigabits)
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Isper
Just watched the download. I loved the entire thing especially the rants! There were several times I just wanted to stand up and start applauding!
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
185 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
"How do you justify...?" Smile
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3559 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Many thanks barts185. Yes its a bit strange. I can't get past the intro, then it just starts again. I went to well over 2 gigabytes downloading before it cut out. In fact almost 3. I'll wait till I'm at work and then try again. Really appreciate the help here, again thanks to all. I'm sure I'll eventually get it sorted, the hardest thing is Osterlind is fantastic and until I do get it sorted I'm certainly missing out
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2013-11-20 13:26, takeachance wrote:
Many thanks barts185. Yes its a bit strange. I can't get past the intro, then it just starts again. I went to well over 2 gigabytes downloading before it cut out. In fact almost 3. I'll wait till I'm at work and then try again. Really appreciate the help here, again thanks to all. I'm sure I'll eventually get it sorted, the hardest thing is Osterlind is fantastic and until I do get it sorted I'm certainly missing out

If the download shows nearly three gigabytes, then there's almost certainly something wrong, because that is significantly larger than the actual file. Which browser are you using? Have you tried using a download manager? I use DownThemAll with Firefox and it works great.
mmiller15
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of mmiller15
What an amazing lecture! I especially loved RichardWave...
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1345 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2013-11-20 13:26, takeachance wrote:

Going to go out on a limb here and say that you were at almost 3 gigabits, not gigabytes, because the file isn't 3 gigabytes long.

Hope you get it working, well worth however long it takes.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3559 Posts

Profile of takeachance
OK, got it sorted. You guys are great, thanks to all.
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
Halfway through the lecture it's great ! Really enjoyed Richard's opinion's on everything so far especially the bit on tv Magic , it's nice to hear his honest opinion on many subjects Smile I really liked the gimmick for 40,000 Words and the 1st trick Numero Uno . The spoon bending was cool , and his work with his card stack is incredible .
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
Just finished the lecture , very awesome . The last card trick = WOW , shame he didn't explain that ! Smile Great lecture !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind LIVE 2: Sunday November 17th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL