The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind LIVE 2: Sunday November 17th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Isper
The last card effect will be explained on his new DVD set which is available for pre-sale on his website.
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 17:58, Isper wrote:
The last card effect will be explained on his new DVD set which is available for pre-sale on his website.

Thanks , I'm thinking of getting the set just for that ! The other material sounds great too . I'm still thinking about the last card effect Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2287 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Top advice of the lecture: xxxxx glass

Top effects for me: Numero uno. Richardwave. Magic vs mindreading. Azonic Force. The book test.

Money well spent as expected from Richard. Top notch.
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I'll risk the flames by suggesting that if you already have Mr. Osterlind's previous work (and I do) there's no compelling reason to purchase this lecture.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Why would you think that with so much new material in this lecture from his most recent DVD set and his upcoming DVD set? Not to mention his much more indepth and real perspectives and opinions not featured in previous releases.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2013-11-23 23:50, dmoses wrote:
I'll risk the flames by suggesting that if you already have Mr. Osterlind's previous work (and I do) there's no compelling reason to purchase this lecture.

d

If you only wish to learn a bunch of new tricks, I would agree with this thought. But if updates on previous effects, handling tips, general advice on stagecraft along with thoughts and philosophy are something you are interested in, then I would suggest there was a lot of new material here.

You might also consider that everything that was to be covered in the lecture was listed on the Penguin website for a week before the show.
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
I like the lecture very much even I saw lots of other material from Richard in the past. Can not imagin can watch for 4 hours without loosing temp.

But one thing make me me sad from this lecture is Richard talked and seems will nerver publish his penny bending routine. He did the penny bending in the middle of lecture after one routine which use 3 coin borrowed. Then without any notice he ask the camera to focus close enough on one penny, and he bend it in full viewer. It is a killer..
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Isper
Some things are best left a mystery.
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

I'm sorry about that, Max. But I was looking down at those 3 pennies on the table and I couldn't resist! Smile
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 07:49, Richard Osterlind wrote:
I'm sorry about that, Max. But I was looking down at those 3 pennies on the table and I couldn't resist! Smile

If I remember correctly, since the first DVD Richard put out has the penny bending performance until the wizard product review 23-2-2011 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=025JkDmL......a_player he did it in the bar. I always doubt he has a switch or pre bending. But after watch this time in his lecture, the camera is so closely to record all move before and during bending, I finally would to believe it is truly magic.

So if ever Richard will not release his method, this lecture piece of bending will be the unsolved msyterious to keep by any serious mentalsim performer.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 07:01, Richard Osterlind wrote:
Quote:

d

If you only wish to learn a bunch of new tricks, I would agree with this thought. But if updates on previous effects, handling tips, general advice on stagecraft along with thoughts and philosophy are something you are interested in, then I would suggest there was a lot of new material here.

You might also consider that everything that was to be covered in the lecture was listed on the Penguin website for a week before the show.

Can't wait to see you at MindVention next year as the featured speaker!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:

d

I have Richard's material and found the lecture filled with updated handling and golden nuggets of advice.

I'll risk the flames by suggesting it' a $1000 lecture!
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1345 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 07:01, Richard Osterlind wrote:
Quote:

d

:applause: Smile Smile

I have his previous work, and I think the lecture was FANTASTIC! I'm not sure what you are looking for in a lecture, but if this wasn't it, we have VERY different opinions on what makes a lecture worthwhile!
BaryBazz
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
199 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Sorry if this has already been asked but is there any advantage in purchasing the lecture over the new dvd set or vice versa or should one buy both.

Barry
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 15:23, BaryBazz wrote:
Sorry if this has already been asked but is there any advantage in purchasing the lecture over the new dvd set or vice versa or should one buy both.

Barry

They really go hand in hand. I would advise you to get both since they're so affordable and the hours of direct access you get to one of the best minds in the business.

Also about the Penny bending... You should be ashamed of yourself for complaining about it. No one has shared and offered so much to the community, regularly and continuously for several decades now, not to mention some of the best quality products available. He has let us in on his entire act, previous acts, hypnosis act, and literally everything in between. But there is one thing that he wants to keep to himself, personally and as a professional, and some complain, expect and still want more? This is crazy!

It's one of his signature bits, this shouldn't be expected or hard to understand.

Of 5 hours of pure gold content and the penny thing is what you not satisfied with? Come on.

Also, as he said in the lecture, there is no secret to it, he does it for real.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 15:46, Mindpro wrote:

Also about the Penny bending... You should be ashamed of yourself for complaining about it. No one has shared and offered so much to the community, regularly and continuously for several decades now, not to mention some of the best quality products available. He has let us in on his entire act, previous acts, hypnosis act, and literally everything in between. But there is one thing that he wants to keep to himself, personally and as a professional, and some complain, expect and still want more? This is crazy!

It's one of his signature bits, this shouldn't be expected or hard to understand.

Of 5 hours of pure gold content and the penny thing is what you not satisfied with? Come on.

Also, as he said in the lecture, there is no secret to it, he does it for real.

:applause: Smile Smile

I imagine there were those that complained that Jesus never taught the walking on water trick. He tipped it all, gave his life yet...

"Hey, how come he didn't show us how to..........."
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-11-24 15:23, BaryBazz wrote:

Barry

Barry,

The Sapphire Collection is entirely different material than was covered in the Penguin lecture. The only effect from the Sapphire Collection was the Hands Off effect at the end which was a performance only demonstration and not explained.

Thanks for all your interest.

Richard
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 16:13, Zombie Magic wrote:

I imagine there were those that complained that Jesus never taught the walking on water trick. He tipped it all, gave his life yet...

"Hey, how come he didn't show us how to..........."

I thought he did teach the walking on water trick, could swear I saw Angel do it.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
199 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Thanks Richard it's in for both then and lots of burning the midnight oil to digest.

Regards,
Hirwa
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Hirwa
I already enjoyed the 1st lecture so I m interested in seeing this one. Great material in the 1st one
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind LIVE 2: Sunday November 17th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL