The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind LIVE 2: Sunday November 17th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1048 Posts

Profile of sbays
Hands Off ALONE will be worth picking up the Sapphire Collection. I have been performing it since he released it in a book, and it is one of the strongest effects that can be done with a deck of cards I think. Every time Richard outs out a DVD set, aside from the effects, there is always some new golden nugget of advice, handling, enhancements etc that make the whole thing worth it.

Heck, I would love to see Richard put out a DVD with zero effects, and just get the chance to listen to him talk about Mentalism, theory, experiences etc.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5491 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2013-11-24 15:46, Mindpro wrote:

Also about the Penny bending... You should be ashamed of yourself for complaining about it. No one has shared and offered so much to the community, regularly and continuously for several decades now, not to mention some of the best quality products available. He has let us in on his entire act, previous acts, hypnosis act, and literally everything in between. But there is one thing that he wants to keep to himself, personally and as a professional, and some complain, expect and still want more? This is crazy!

It's one of his signature bits, this shouldn't be expected or hard to understand.

Of 5 hours of pure gold content and the penny thing is what you not satisfied with? Come on.

Also, as he said in the lecture, there is no secret to it, he does it for real.

I believe you are possibly being too hard on the original poster. I got an entirely different impression from his post. It didn't sound to me that he was genuinely complaining but simply said he was sad that it wasn't tipped as he felt it is such a killer trick. It seemed much more like a compliment to Richard for creating such a mind-blowing effect than a serious complaint about it not being taught.

I have not had a chance to watch the lecture yet but am hoping to over the Thanksgiving holiday. Sounds like there is much to be learned from it. Can't believe it ran over 4 hours!!! WOW, talk about giving them their money's worth. Kudos to Richard!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
My post wasn't targeted at him or anyone in specific but more as a general statement to those that somehow felt for 29 bucks they were entitled to his life works.

I get that we have magicians of all levels here. And I understand that most can only think and operate at the level at which they are at. But it is important for guys that are not on the level of Richard or any longtime working professionals that there are mentalities and perspective at these progressive levels that need to be appreciated and understood. One such being that no top pro reveals everything, and has every right to keep his signature bits to themselves.

Richard isn't mentalism-youtube with an index for your own taking.

I was just trying to create some perspective (and professional understanding) and although it seems to have gone over the heads of most here I started the point with "you should be ashamed of yourself..." which is a classic Richard Osterlind line he's uses several times in his releases, so it was actually a play on his own words.

The point being we shouldn't have "expectations" because he chooses to keep something for himself. It should be understood and respected. If it weren't for guys like Richard and others who release anything to the community 95% of the members here wouldn't have an act or their level of knowledge.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1345 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On 2013-11-25 05:08, Hirwa wrote:
I already enjoyed the 1st lecture so I m interested in seeing this one. Great material in the 1st one

For some reason beyond my current comprehension, I realize I have not purchased the first lecture. Unlike this lecture, where there was a great outline of what Richard would cover, on the first lecture, there are just blurbs on the Penguin site and the thread here (unless there's more than one) really doesn't say anything. If anyone has the both and would care to comment if it's worth getting even though I have this one (I'm guessing it is worth getting), and what was covered on it, I'd appreciate it.
Develin
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Develin
Uncle Richard showed us all why we come back time after time to watch this legend in action.
Real workers and subtletis for the serious perfomer.
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
824 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
If it's Richard Osterlind, just get it... You cannot regret it. If not routines you'll get precious advice...

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Richard Osterlind LIVE 2: Sunday November 17th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.89 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL