The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Favorite Volume of a multi-book set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Okay, we've had lots of thread with favorite books--but what about this: what's your favorite volume of a multi-volume set. In other words, don't say Tarbell, but tell us, say, volume 5 of Tarbell, got it? And of course, why.

I like vol 2 of Card College because it's got the palming, pass, and false display counts all in that one volume.

Vol 3 (101-150) is my favorite of The Phoenix, because I bought that back when I was a teenager from Tannen's. It's got some great effects of course, including the Milbourne Christopher color code I used to do with my brother.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I've got to say that this is perhaps the silliest spin on the "list your favourite books" posts...!
However, now that I'm here: Collected Works of Alex Elmsley Volume 2 by Stephen Minch, entirely for Elmsley's work on the faro shuffle.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
I've got to say that this is perhaps the silliest spin on the "list your favourite books" posts...!

I'm all about silly Smile .

OTOH, it's helpful if someone can't afford to buy a whole set, to point in a particular direction...

I like the Elmsley pick BTW.
David Rhodes
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of David Rhodes
I would personally say The Complete Walton Volume 1. Both books are great but I enjoyed the magic in volume one much more.

Honorable Mention The Books of Wonder Volume 1 for the essays
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Quote:
OTOH, it's helpful if someone can't afford to buy a whole set, to point in a particular direction...

All right, I concede that point... however, I know that is just spin!

Now that I'm back, I'll also proffer The Magic of Ascanio Volume: More Studies of Card Magic (Volume 3) by Jesus Etcheverry. I don't perform anything from the book, however I appreciate the beauty of the effects just by reading them, and understanding them.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Books of Wonder Vol. 1, because it has Card in Ring Box, Tamed Card and many other great effects.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2013-11-12 09:51, motown wrote:
Books of Wonder Vol. 1, because it has Card in Ring Box, Tamed Card and many other great effects.

I agree with you Motown.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Non Plus Ultra vol. 2, which is enterily about herr Hofzinser's card magic.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Favorite Volume of a multi-book set (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL