The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Single Needle by Wayne Houchin (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
http://www.ellusionist.com/a-single-need......hin.html

I tried looking for a thread about this, but couldn't find one. Surely there must be interest!

From the trailer, it looks a little opaque. It shows Wayne performing a lot of his needles routine (which if you've seen it before, you know how insanely breathtaking it is) but to my understanding, this effect only uses 1 needle, but the video doesn't demonstrate that. Anyone have insight as to what the actual effect is?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I watched Wayne Houchin's Q&A.

In a nutshell, you swallow a 'single needle', put a thread in your mouth, have the spectator hold the end and, you pull away and on the center of the string is a needle threaded on.
smullins
View Profile
Special user
United States
678 Posts

Profile of smullins
The also adds a VERY interesting element where the spectator keeps holding the thread the whole time (from my understanding).
Shawn Mullins

www.MullinsMagic.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2013-11-14 16:10, smullins wrote:
The also adds a VERY interesting element where the spectator keeps holding the thread the whole time (from my understanding).
Yep, essentially the spectator is "fishing" out the needle, which Wayne Houching states is a somewhat new angle for this effect.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
I personally like this angle. I have always found the whole daisy chain of needles coming out a bit overkill. I mean, if you can do one, odds are you can do 100.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
981 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Awesome! I want this
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2013-11-14 14:14, MagicMichealMan wrote:
http://www.ellusionist.com/a-single-need......hin.html

I tried looking for a thread about this, but couldn't find one.

Har Har.
Nadzri.Harif
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nadzri.Harif
I see what you did there, DT3 HAHAHA
Hirwa
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Hirwa
This is an interesting approach to a classic plot. The beautiful simplicity of this trick makes me think about Tommy Wonder's routine "eye of the needle". I really like what Mr Houchin have done here! I will perform this.
Rabid
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Rabid
Just watched it

Simply Brilliant.

Steph
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Anyone in the UK carrying this?
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Wow this sounds great.....anyone have it yet? Would love to hear your reviews.
Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
153 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Got it. LOVE it.

First time before strangers today, breathtaking.

I made a few minor changes to the reveal and patter, as I think we all tend to do.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
This is on my Christmas list. I already have a "presentation" in mind.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm thinking about getting this and trying it at a New Years party, sounds like one of those heavy hitters.
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Looking for more information on this new effect. Really looks good, I'm surprised there has not been more posts on this effect
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
Quote:
On 2013-12-03 19:42, reed kammerer wrote:
Looking for more information on this new effect. Really looks good, I'm surprised there has not been more posts on this effect

There is:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Where's Café thread police detective "rasp" to question multiple threads? He must be solving other important crimes.

:sun:
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Puggo, I was working as Wayne's magic consultant (I know, if ever anyone didn't need one... But still) whilst he was here in the UK the past three months and he was saying that ellusionist currently have the exclusive on Single Needle.

I have to say I hope this puts a lot of European magicians off it because it's awesome.

My current go-to method is Scott Alexander's Needles, and although I'll continue to perform it I will be using Wayne's new version to replace it in most performing situations. It's angle proof, easy to use, packs tiny (you could carry it in your pocket), plays on stage, in stand-up/parlour or even close-up and intimate.

I'll personally be using it in my outdoor shows over the summer season.

So, personally, I'd rather everyone leave this alone. However, that's solely from a selfish point-of-view because it is, quite simply, beautiful.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
855 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
I have just picked this up; my first time ordering from Ellusionist too, looking forward to it. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » A Single Needle by Wayne Houchin (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL