The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dr. Ray Hyman's book on palmstry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rioslautaro
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of rioslautaro
I've read in the forum that Dr. Ray Hyman has written a book on scientific support for palmstry. The book's name is "In the meantime read palms".
Where can I find it?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18240 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Hi, I don't think brianp meant it in the way you read it...

Quote:
On 2005-10-25 00:29, brianp wrote:
Dr Wilson is 100% correct. For a scientific background track down Dr. Ray Hyman>
In the meantime read palms, have fun.
Brian

I think he was saying that if you want someone's (with a scientific background) opinion, you could google Dr Hyman and palmistry, and as the > symbol is also on the same key as a full stop, I take it that brianp just meant "go out there and do it...enjoy yourself". Two separate things...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Hyman#Books
rioslautaro
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of rioslautaro
Oh sorry for my poor english! I've misunderstood everything! Is ther any scientific evidence that supports palm reading on any book?
I want to enrich my script with this kind of information if this exists. Thanks!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18240 Posts

Profile of IAIN
No need to apologise...

I would say spend a few hours googling around the world wide web and see what you can find...
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
There are a limited number of medical conditions that can show up in a palm, and links between finger length and sexuality, due to testosterone levels during pregnancy, etc. Aside from that there is no scientific basis for palmistry. None whatsoever. So don't waste time looking.
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
915 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
There is lots of pseudo scientific spiel that you can add authoritatively.Something about lines forming in utero due to movements and pressure lines...in Cheiro's book on Palmistry.Its there in the introduction/foreword.
FocusYourMAYND
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of FocusYourMAYND
Dad's book, Karmic Palmistry, has a chapter on the legitimate medical conditions that can be spotted symptomatically in the hands. Note: LEGITIMATE, not pseudo-science.

Jonathan
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Hi Jonathan. I did say that there are a limited number of medical conditions that show up on the palm. I am surprised more palm readers do not read up on the few real things that a palm can reveal. To look at someone and know they are gay, for instance, would give a great impetus to the rest of the reading. However that is not traditional palmistry, which has no scientific basis.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Dr. Ray Hyman's book on palmstry (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL