We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Review of 2 new illusion books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

euroillusion
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of euroillusion
Here is a review of 2 new books by JC Sum.

Corporate Illusions Made Easy

As far as I know, this is the first illusion book specializing on corporate illusions. The first few illusions were very good. There is a very practical VIP appearance and different illusions to make a product like a smart phone, logo and small item appear. Simple but very good ideas. The last few illusions require the method to be contained into backdrop or require a proper stage to perform. If you cannot do this, then you cannot perform the illusions. This is a limitation for these types of illusions. But if you can, then you can make a motorcycle or a committee of people appear.

What was really good was the sections on illusions for corporate shows and how to customize corporate magic. Valuable information.

Highly recommended for corporate magicians.

Simple Showstoppers. These are illusions that are simple but also good and not expensive to build. It is a bit expensive for 6 illusions in the ebook but if you use any illusion then I think it is worth it. I will use the black art flap table and the sword barrel so I think it is worth it. The black art flap table is very smart as it allows you to have a black art table that the audience can see through.

Recommended for cheap but good illusions.

If you own JC's other books, the layout and explanations are similar for both books. The drawings are simple (not as good as Mark Parker or Tim Clothier's books) but are clear and good enough to build from.

Jean-Paul
Lin_
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lin_
Thank you for your good reviews.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Review of 2 new illusion books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL