The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion Show - The How To's? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagiCat
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of MagiCat
Good day, everyone.

I was reading a thread here on the board and came across a post that mentioned the young Jonathan Bayme, an illusionist who is associated with Ellusionist.com I believe.

In any case, I found this page with some video highlights of Bayme's show:

http://www.ellusionist.com/html/JonathanShow/jonathan.htm

I was pretty impressed; especially considering the guy is only 16 years old.

So, my question is this ... if you were 16 years old, had limited means (I assume) ... how would you go about putting such a spectacular event together?

Illusions ... Lighting ... Promotion ...

Thanks Smile

MagiCat Smile
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
A lot of hard work, time, determination, and the bottom line is, a lot of money.
TMOJB
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of TMOJB
MagiCat,

Hey there -- it's JB. First off, that clip is ancient! Much more updated clip (go to the MEDIA section):

M-Illusion hit the nail on the head for the most part-- more than anything, it's taken intense focus and clarity in reference to my goals and how I plan to achieve them. Regarding funding -- there's no denying that a show on a larger scale will be very, very, pricey -- with lighting, audio, crew fees, trucks, in addition to the illusions themselves.

But if you're focused, dedicated, determined, and downright willing to work for it -- this is an obstacle that can be overcome (I've worked and work multiple side-jobs and MUCH, much, less desirable gigs to fund the show.) Every penny I make from these goes directly towards the show, all the while maintaining a VERY strict budget.

Since I was about 7 or so, I've pretty much known exactly what I wanted to do and exactly how I planned to pursue it (series of smaller goals leading up to a long-term ambition.) With a clear plan-of-action, albeit hard to stick to at times, self-direction and motivation come rather easily.

While originality, creativity, professionalism, and dedication are the paramount factors, it all boils down to having that passion, that unshakable determination that serves to self-motivate you.

If you really want something, and you're willing to work for it (for weeks, months, years without hesitation), there aren't many obstacles (although plenty of hurdles) that can stand in your way.

------------
JB
MikeJRogers
View Profile
Veteran user
Australia
354 Posts

Profile of MikeJRogers
I'm in the same boat MagiCat. I can tell you the advice you been given is 100% spot on. In fact print the post out and stick it up on your wall, haha. Take a look at my post 'Teenage Illusionist' a few weeks back in this forum 'Grand Illusions' M-Illusion and Jonathan posted there, as did many others.

Hope this helps,

Mike Rogers Smile

P.S. Thanks everyone who helped me out. Hope it helps MagiCat too.
Mike Rogers Illusion Design - Australia - http://www.mikerogers.com.au
"Nothings impossible, the impossible just takes longer" - Dan Brown novel
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MagiCat
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of MagiCat
Thanks, JB.

Sent you an email.

MagiCat Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Passion for wanting to be an illusionist above all else... The rest will come when you search for it (as you are doing now)...

Passion...

Oh yeah, and everything everyone else here said... Smile

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Illusion Show - The How To's? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL