The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy Volume 2: Fundamentals (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
David,

You have inspired more than a few (including me) to purchase a copy. Thanks for your thoughtful posts!

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On 2013-12-11 16:33, David Thiel wrote:
When I get to a show early (which is ALL the time...since I am just a wee bit compulsive about not rushing) there's a book on the seat beside me. It's a heavy book. And, once I've triple checked everything and have a few minutes to relax, I open this book and read.

I'm on my third read-through now. This time, I'm going slowly, giving the material time, study and consideration.

Let me go out on a limb and say this: "Fundamentals" is the single best book EVER on the subject of mentalism. I mean it. The blending of brilliant-will-work-in-the-real-world routines and insightful thoughts and advice on how mentalism is to be performed makes it an instant classic.

I wish it had been given a different title because "2" suggests "sequel" or the whole notion that you should read Number 1 first. And, while the first book "The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy" is a widely accepted classic -- "2" eclipses it.

If you don't have this book yet -- if you've been putting off the decision to purchase it -- can I respectfully suggest that you don't delay another second. This isn't just a book. It's a resource, it's a pile of powerful routines it's state of the art thinking from a guy who proves his expertise here every day. It's an investment in getting better at everything you do.

Take it with you on the road...let it keep company with you in those beige hotel rooms. It doesn't matter where you are in your development as a performer, there's great material in here that will make you better.

Fundamentals is a treasure. It's a gift to the community.

Thanks, Bob. You rock.

David

Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3298 Posts

Profile of Looch
This is such a fantastic book. A definite "must have" for any mentalist!
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I am only 30 pages in and I already love this book. Bob's thoughts in the beginning are inspiring and the first effect had my head spinning with different ways to use that principle. I especially liked the inclusion of psycho-linguistics to help make effects happen in the moment. I can't wait to get further into this book.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I was going to include psycho ceramics, but I decided against it.

But thank you all for the kind words. I hope you all find the book useful to you on your journeys in mentalism.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1403 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
I had to use a bit of deception Bob. I ordered your new book through another entertainer's credit card. I do some psychic entertainment but I can't afford to have my spouse do some psycho stuff if she sees my credit card statement. Can't wait to receive it. The lecture was fantastic.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
lightman
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of lightman
I got this for Christmas. Should I get volume 1 and read it before I start on volume 2 to get the most out of it?

Eric
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-01-07 20:13, lightman wrote:
I got this for Christmas. Should I get volume 1 and read it before I start on volume 2 to get the most out of it?

Eric

No. The book is not a sequel to Volume 1. In fact, you would probably be better off reading Volume 2 first. (See earlier posts in this thread where this is discussed at length.)

Good thoughts,

Bob

(I'm thinking of calling my next book "Volume 5" just for fun.)
lightman
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of lightman
Great. Thank you Mr. C. I guess I really should have read the thread more carefully.

Eric
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1403 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Received the book yesterday. I only had a chance to skim it. This is a beautifully bound book with gloss pages, filled with over 400 pages of excellent commercial material. Looking forward to devouring this book.

Ray
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Quote:
Looking forward to devouring this book.

Ray-

DO NOT eat the book!

Hope you find it useful, though,

Best-

Bob
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1403 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
LOL Bob. I've been drooling over it for a long time. I put on a bib so I wouldn't ruin the dust cover.

Ray
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Bobs work and writings are outstanding, I have read his first two books (Art of Mentalism & Artful Mentalism 1)
and currently reading this one.

His writings are essential reading for the serious student of Mentalism.

It's not about tricks as I have heard Bob say. Forget all the one effect videos on the market
and the gizmos, Bobs teachings are the way to go.

And in this volume he gives some great advise for additional reading as well,
it's money well spent. Bob is the master !
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Thanks. You obviously have good taste, Renzo. Smile
RenzIII
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of RenzIII
Thank you good doctor
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Just a note to thank all of those who have purchased the book and have found it valuable. We're currently planning another one to come out, hopefully, by the end of this year.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Awesome news!
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of Marqus
As I praised Bob up in the 'Penny', I'd still like to add that this book & his Penguin lecture are great.
I'm so glad I bought them!

Bob, can you hint at what might be in the next book?

I'm planning on buying more of your ebooks but I wouldn't want to duplicate something that may end up in your next book.

I have AT LEAST 30 of your products (ebooks, audio seminars, teleseminar notes, book, DVDs).

Thanks,
Mark
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Haven't made up my mind yet about the contents of the next book, although I expect it will include material from Dr Crow.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Thanks, Bob.

I don't know if I can wait until the end of the year. It comes down to saving some bucks, so I guess I'll wait.
I'll just re-re-read what I have of yours from the following:

Hardcovers:
Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy
Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy 2: Fundamentals

MP3s:
Artful Mentalism Seminar
Artful Mentalism Seminar: Three Secrets
Artful Mentalism Seminar: Logical Disconnect
Artful Mentalism Seminar: Seance
The Act: Beyond Fundamentals

Ebooks:
Unified Remote Viewing: Fly on the Wall
Scorpio’s Message
Dreams & Devices
Schattenjaeger
PSI Apps
Mastermind Papers
Mind Burners
Intuitively Yours
Laboratory Conditions
Pseudomentally Yours
Return of the White Dwarf
Invisible Billet
Resurrection of Dr. Crow

DVDs:
Mental Miracles
Black Box Cinema
Penguin Lecture

You ARE the Master!

Thanks again
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Perkins
That tears it. I have to get this book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy Volume 2: Fundamentals (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL