The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Devil's Library. Now on sale! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
893 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Thanks for the description. I find this offering irrestable. Ordered.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Seth that would be awesome! have the next installment for HT in one of these mini books?
Cris Cringle
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Cris Cringle
Put me on the list as well. I will PM you my email
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
The Hellfire Club is live...
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

I saw that! I'm so excited about what he might come out with next in the mini books
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
674 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Yes, very cool! Looking forward to the next installment already!
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
After reading through the manual I am really exited to get my set and put it in use!
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Ordered. Nice work Chris.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Looks like the second run is almost gone as well! I feel bad for chris lol he is going to be kept in the basement creating these things lol
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Mine should be here by the weekend. Great PDF (as usual)!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
What a great and refreshing approach . I received my little parcel this week and I am enjoying the whole experience. The wrap is fantastic with a small pocket to hold a prediction or parchment. There are many designs and imprints on the leather that can be used for a variety of presentations. The manual is chocked full of ideas, and then there is the promise of more. The deck also has some intriguing features that give you that certain edge in performance. It also smells nice Smile

Well done Señor Gould!
Bedford
View Profile
Special user
Louisville, KY
674 Posts

Profile of Bedford
Mine is on the way as well. Can't wait to get my hands on this one!
The Alchemy Moon Collective
Find us on Gemini Artifacts
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Mine arrived today. Smile Very nice!

Dr. Todd pretty much said it all, but he failed to mention (and for good reason, IMO) that there's also a little "convincer" included that I think is brilliant!

It's connected to the story and (more importantly) let's your sitters know there's (definitely) more to this kit/story than a cool, old, leather card holder!

What is it? Well, you'll just have to get yourself one and find out!

Or. . .perhaps Chris will let you in on it! Smile

Looking forward to putting this one together and giving it a whirl!

Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Thank you guys.

Glad that the DL has started to hit the USA - this means that *all* of you that have ordered in the first wave should have received your parcel, or will be expecting it real soon. Thanks too for all the supportive emails.

Well spotted Jorey. Those of you that have bought stuff from AM before will know that I always put in a couple of undocumented features in each release, something for you to puzzle over. I doubt that anyone will not have noticed the whacking great big one on the back of the case - and most of you will understand it's significance. Loads of fun ahead!

Well, to say that this has 'taken' is a bit of an understatement. The first batch sold out immediately, and all of the slots for the second batch are gone too....
The upshot is that it has been real difficult keeping on top of orders, I have been putting in 16 hour days (which is still more fun than 'real' work!) and I think I may have killed Moonskin, hope she is alright!
However, everyone who were on the first wave should either already have them, or soon will. This leaves a very long list for the second batch. I have asked Moonskin to make twice the amount, but unfortunately even this will not account for everyone on the list. I am expecting this next shipment at the end of the week ready to ship out the following Monday. My aim then is to get one more batch made to soak up anyone who did not make it onto the second wave. I will then fill it with anyone else who contacts me. But I will then put a cap on it for a month or so, as Moonskin has to get some private commissions done for me, and I have three other big projects that need a bit of time.

So a short break and the DL will be available again when the new website goes up.... Going to the old website is a very depressing affair, I would not recommend it!

But it is all go chaps - The next thing up is the Kickstarter launch for the Kadar Poker Cards. Expect to hear a lot more about this soon. We are almost ready to go!

I am also well into the thinking of Volume Two of the Devils Library, co authored by a brilliant young mind whose name I think some of you will recognise.

Then there is a radical rethink ahead regarding the philosophy, structure and actual artifacts available from Alchemy Moon. The faithful will be informed, and will be *informing*.

Oh yeah, no more Kadar ELite.....

Whot!!!!

So way too much to post here - keep in touch with the news on the AM Facebook and breadcrumb trail Hup!!
https://www.facebook.com/alchemymoonbazaar

So to get back on topic.
If you have your name down for the DL and are thinking 'Hey, where is mine then?' I just want you to know that you have not been forgotten and that everyone's order is being fulfilled in strict chronological order. Everyone who has send in the paypal has theirs sent out - and I will be contacting everyone else on Friday to let you know when to place your orders. My pledge is that everyone who wants a DL with get one in the next few weeks.

Thanks again for the nice feedback, the Kadri are watching and blessing you all! 8-0
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Quick update.
Those of you on the waiting list for the second batch should have received an email with ordering details and shipping time by now.
If you have not and think you should be on this list or have been missed - please pm me and I will sort it out.
If you want to get on the next batch, there are about 12 places remaining. PM me to secure a place, I cannot give you a definite date on these but I would estimate around two more weeks. Remember, I will then be 'rested' until I build up stock and the new website goes live.
Any questions, you know what to do! ;-)
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
Just came home from vacation and a neighbour brought a little package over, that he received in my place.
Turned out to be my DL, looks very nice and can't wait to perform it..but first I need to change that letter into German and get some aging on the cards done.

I like the look and feel of that leather and I like the idea behind the whole thing.

A very happy customer here!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Made mine up this weekend and very pleased with the result. The wrap is wonderful and the whole thing together has been causing quite a lot of curiosity already.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

I saw yours Todd, you did a great job on the deck ma man!
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Hmmmm, I guess the letter does not play too well on non-English language. That being said, it is an extra and not crucial to the routine working. However, I have just upped the image in the Hellfire Club.
Being able to print off your own copy is not only useful for other languages, but to change the content of the letter if you muck around with the story and the routine - which I hope you do!
To the person who pm'ed me here (sorry I have had a quite a few pms and could not find it - must have vaporised) - yes, if the idea is an interesting one for other members of the Hellfire Club, I will do it!
Furthermore - I have been talking to the redoubtable Roni Shachnaey and the mentally agile Mr Buckley and they have come up with a further idea to extend the routine which I am very excited about. This uses the photograph in a slightly different manner. There are actually a couple of killer ideas from these guys, but I am going to hold them back for a week or two until everyone gets their heads around the first routine.
Thanks again for all the kind emails. I was actually worried that with this one there was a danger of people not 'getting it', I need not have worried. I will go and sweep up the fingernails.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Quick update. All of the second batch has not only arrived but has been sent out this morning. If you have ordered, you should have already had a confirmation letter. There are a few people on my waiting list that did not order, and quite a few on the waiting list for the next batch. So, if you are on the list and get your order in, they will be in the next post. If you do not order by Monday, the slot is given to someone else in the third wave. If you want to get on the waiting list for the third batch, there is a slim chance of getting your order early, otherwise - about another week for the next batch to be sent out - although I am a little at the mercy of the PO in the run up to Xmas. Everyone from the first wave should have received their DL by now, hope you are having fun with it - let me know what you think gentlemen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Devil's Library. Now on sale! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL