The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Impossibilia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Michaels
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Chris Michaels
Hi. I was wondering if folks that own Impossibilia could post their favorite effects? I'm waiting on the book to come, and getting anxious.. lol

Thanks
"penguin is the cheapest magic shop online" - some person I was talking to on AIM.
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
498 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
It’s been years since I’ve looked at my copy, but I remember a nice routine with a special coin purse and some coins, I think it was at the end of the book. The purse wasn’t special as in gaffed, just a different design, it take me along time to track one down. Of course that was before the internet.
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Both Impossibilia and Smoke & Mirrors by Bannon are a must read. Lots of great stuff in there. Get them. Read them. And actually try the stuff that's in there.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Jake Austin
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs
237 Posts

Profile of Jake Austin
I'm partial to Discrepancy City Prediction. I think it is a good trick to start with because it is simple with a big impact. It helps me calm my nerves down.
S.A.M Assembly 170, Colorado Springs
170sam.org
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2003-12-24 20:22, carolinahusker wrote:
I'm partial to Discrepancy City Prediction. I think it is a good trick to start with because it is simple with a big impact. It helps me calm my nerves down.

It's my hands down favorite when I have to do an impromptu B'Wave.
Lots of gems are in both books.
Greg
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
Hey guys,

What would you say is the difficulty level of Impossibilia? I understand you must know the basic sleights and all but I have also heard that Bannon assumes you know some other, difficult, sleights.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I think Bannon's effects need a bit more than the basic sleights... somewhere in the mid-level knowledge of cards. But, if I remember, most of the sleights he mentions can be done with other types of sleights or the sleights themselves can be found in most books dealing with card sleights. Also, within the book, you will find many effects that take simple sleights to achieve the effects. It is not a beginners book.
Greg
Gerben
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
36 Posts

Profile of Gerben
His version of Triumpnh is very good.
I also liked the matrix effects.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I love Discrepency City Prediction...I follow it up with Bro Hamman's Your Signed Card. Another favorite is definatley Tourist Class Travellers. Seriously though, the WHOLE book...BOTH OF THEM are the best buys I think I've ever made besides "The Magic of Michael Ammar" for the essays and business side of magic. Everything in there seems to be a real worker. I've NEVER had a bad response from ANY of the material I've performed from the books.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I see that on another thread, that Impossibilia was disappointing...it's John Bannon's own take on some favorite effects. It DOES repeat some well known effects, but puts his own "twist" in it!

"Shriek Of The Mutilated" is not that hard, but based on an old trick..."Stranger's Gallery" is original, but needs gaffs, however you can make those up yourself, if you're "crafty"...I really like "Vacuum Packed", the old "Coin In The Bottle"...I bought a bottle of women's make-up and dumped it down the drain just to get the bottle!

Those are just my favorite Bannon effects...really, the performance is the whole thing...J.B. plays it low key, but I could see some comedy magicians having a BALL with Impossibilia...

My $.02,

Doug
HighVolt29
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of HighVolt29
I am looking to find Smoke and Mirrors BOOK by John Bannon. NOT THE DVD. It is out out Print. If anyone is willing to sell it to me please PM me.

Thanks,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Impossibilia (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL