The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Stunned Deer in headlights look (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
Recently as I've performed a multi-phased memory revelation effect as my finale which seems to leave people in this stunned "my brain can't compute" like state. I assume many of you more experienced than I have witnessed this occurrence yourself but, I'm curious how you handle these situations.

Generally I give them a moment or two to let it register, then I'll shake their hand and thank them for sharing the experience with me. However, I've had a few people that seemed "stuck" almost in a trance as they're trying to wrap their brain around it all. I've been tempted to take the opportunity to practice a hypnotic induction since they seem to be hanging on my every word but, I've been reluctant to do so as of yet.

Anyway I'm curious as to your thoughts on this type of situation.

Thanks for any feedback and taking the time to read.
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Stare back and say, thank you my name is (name here) I enjoyed it looks like you did too.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4724 Posts

Profile of landmark
Articulate their thoughts. "Yes, it's stunning, isn't it? I know how you feel."
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Depending on the situation, I have been known to just give a warm smile and slowly turn and walk away without saying anything.

Put yourself in the spectator's shoes - that sense of being so in the moment and captivated that you can hardly move, and everything else around you just becomes, for a short time, completely irrelevant. Is that a good feeling? Is that a special moment? I believe it is, and I love feeling like that. So let it linger, and don't kill the mystery. Sometimes it is right to offer resolution, but sometimes it's nice to let it hang. Judge it on a case-by-case basis. Be fondly remembered.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Stunned Deer in headlights look (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL