The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How many members are mentalist magicians? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Which one of you are mentalist magicians?
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Magentalists?
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
What are you trying to start something here?
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I don't understand the question, and I suspect I'm not the only one. Please clarify.

Barry
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
All magic can be done as mentalism, which will the subject of my book "No, the clean hand....oh, that was the clean hand".

It will feature my book test done with the coloring book, which has been hailed by some of the top mentalists working today as "revolutionary".

Chronologue with a signed card to wallet. I created that after seeing so many mentalists produce the card and then the trick was over, leaving the audience with a "is that it?" feeling. I'll cover that in a chapter called "kick your trick".

My Color Divination done with sponge balls. It's another example of not just letting a trick hang there.

It will come with private, performance only, youtube links. I've had trouble getting paid gigs the last 25 years, so it will be just me for the camera. Any Mentalist worth their salt won't need to see performances for an audience.

Most likely I'll be taking pre-orders so that I'll have Christmas money. Then I'll begin writing it in the spring or summer. In the old days there was quite a vetting process to get something published ( checking for originality, crediting, etc. ). That was time consuming and many times boiled down to "who you knew". Fortunately today, anyone can publish anything rather quickly. Crediting can be done after a release as people will let you know if the material has been done by others. You can make corrections if you decide to print a second run. Good thing about that is that you can add extra material to entice those that have the first edition to make a second purchase. It's all about marketing ( which I will also cover ).

I'm open to giving out a few review copies to a few working pro's, but I'll have to see the reviews before they're posted. Just so that I can make any edits/additions, if needed.

:subtrunk:
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Finally, someone with a practical business plan - lol
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Uuugh!
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Can I be the first to put an order in? this is the greatest book since NOah and the ark!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I do Magick,does that count ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 07:23, Zombie Magic wrote:
All magic can be done as mentalism

Perfectly true. Almost all magic can potentially be reframed as PK.

Barry
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
What as in "This blue backed card that now has a red back isn't really red, I just alerted your mind to make it look red to you!" ?

David Copperfield's 'Flying' routine must be a major mentalist induced hallucination! Smile
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
LOL!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » How many members are mentalist magicians? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL