We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rap Music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
Hey,

I was wondering if any of you guys like rap music? I personally like Nelly and Will Smith(a little old fashioned I am) and Mystikal. What do you guys prefer?

From,
Cornelius Smile
Jarroy
View Profile
New user
Birmingham
17 Posts

Profile of Jarroy
Can't say I'd disagree with you.

Best,

Jarroy Smile
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Anything but rap and country music.
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
It's all about the rave, trance, freestyle, techno, and hi-energy for me!
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
The only rap I like is the one that goes with Aronson's Ace Production.

I prefer 60s music or Jazz Smile
P T Flea
View Profile
Regular user
Engelfield Green, nr Staines - innit
194 Posts

Profile of P T Flea
Quote:
On 2002-05-30 19:09, aznviet6uy wrote:
It's all about the rave, trance, freestyle, techno, and hi-energy for me!

I hear you. Give me some House/Trance, a big hall, a load of people, a podium and some glow sticks and I'll be in my element!

Guitar music used to be my favourite before I realised how negative and low energy it is compared to the Dance out there now.

PT
Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from
bad judgement.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
Strange that not many seem to like rap music. Smile I thought it was quite popular.

From,
Cornelius. Smile
kellser121
View Profile
New user
UK
42 Posts

Profile of kellser121
Oh Guyz, come on Trance and Rave are so "Last Year" haha!
I am into a bit of hip-hop, busta rhymes, Ja Rule etc.
Also nothing wrong with a bit of cheese here and there!;)
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Rap music is one of the few music genre's that I just can't stand. I find it annoying in the extreme.
P T Flea
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of P T Flea
Quote:
On 2002-06-03 14:24, kellser121 wrote:
Oh Guyz, come on Trance and Rave are so "Last Year" haha!
I am into a bit of hip-hop, busta rhymes, Ja Rule etc.
Also nothing wrong with a bit of cheese here and there!;)

I think you generalise a little when you say trance and rave. House and progressive house are becoming really big here in the UK. If you follow the UK dance chart you will notice there has been a good injection of some seriously good tunes lately. Things are really starting to take off. I predict that in a few years time it will be one of the most popular types of music. Also cheese is awful. There's nothing worse than going to a club and having your ears bashed in by a load of cheese. AWFUL!

PT
bad judgement.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
Yoh,

I agree with kellser. Trance is so old. I mean, in the UK is fine but I live in Canada! Rap is growin all the time. It is goin to stay!! For quite a while too.

From,
Cornelius. Smile
Missing_Link
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of Missing_Link
Dance music is great for juggling to. I must confess that rap isn't really my thang, although some of the suburban Paris rap artists are pretty cool. French lends itself to rap I think!

I was brought up in a musical house, so listened to a wide range of music from classical and ragtime to Black Sabbath, AC/DC and Slayer, with a little bit of the BeeGees thrown in.

Country music is plain sinister.

Slainte!

ML
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
I must say that French rappers are pretty cool. In some ways better than the regular ones. Anyway, yeah, country music is somethin I can't stand but I still respect it because it takes talent to do.

from,
Cornelius. Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
We used to have a rap station where I live: 94.1 FM, KRAP.

Here's a lyric you will never hear in a rap song: "Well, I had just graduated with honors from college..."

I gotta go with Andini.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
P T Flea
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of P T Flea
Quote:
On 2002-06-03 17:48, Cornelius wrote:
Yoh,

I agree with kellser. Trance is so old. I mean, in the UK is fine but I live in Canada! Rap is growin all the time. It is goin to stay!! For quite a while too.

From,
Cornelius. Smile

Well Trance might be old in Canada but it is has been around here for a while and is rapidly growing. I follow the dance music scene quite closely and it is definently not getting 'old'. I think is it very easy to generalise what you perceive as Trance music. Modern Trance/Progressive House probably sounds a lot different to what you are thinking of. No offense, I just think things must be pretty different here in the UK.

I don't think that they have dance over in the States the same as we have it here. I took some over with me just recently and no one had ever heard anything like it. Dance music and clubbing is just so massive over here in general. Some people may not even know what a 'club' in this context is. But if you were to say, 'I am off clubbing' then everyone would know you are off out for the night to some clubs and not going to discuss your stamp collection. It is also very popular here to go away for the summer to the contintent for the big clubbing scene there. The most popular destinations in the past have been places in the Balearic Islands like Ibiza, and the Greek Islands like Kavos (Corfu). I went to Kavos only last summer and has a wicked time.
I guess the point I am trying to get across here (which has absolutely nothing to do with the original question) is that clubbing/dance music is huge over here. People are going abroad every summer just to travel to the best clubs, like Amnesia on Ibiza for example.

PT
bad judgement.
Smile Smile Smile Smile
Cornelius
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Cornelius
You know Mr. Guinn, I agree with you to an extent. Rap music these days isn't about the "real world" anymore. That's why it isn't as good these days and that's why I'm a little more old fashioned than the rest of the rap music lovers. Some rappers, such as Ja Rule, have no talent at all. They need attractive women to cover up for their unresourcefullness. But I like rap and I WILL graduate with a Ph.d of psychology from college thank you sir.

From,
Cornelius. Smile
Reian
View Profile
Regular user
Hawaii
117 Posts

Profile of Reian
I'm sure Ja Rule would trade up his rapper's lifestyle and attractive women for your degree in psychology. But at least he has something in common with stage magicians, attractive women.

PUNK ROCK!!!
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
Rap is not music.

Rap is too bAnal, Angry and disgusting for my tAste.
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
volant
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin
59 Posts

Profile of volant
Mainstream rap artists(the ones on MTV) don't really have talent, and just have half-naked women to cover the fact up(the worst even rap with n'sync). I prefer Gregorian Chants.
By the time you read this, you've already read it.
Doug Byrd
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
361 Posts

Profile of Doug Byrd
Scott,
How appropriate what the call letters of that station spelled out.
"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rap Music (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL