The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Our Friend Jaxon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Holidays are sometimes tough on us all, but I think this one might be especially for one of our own, Ron Jaxon.

He shared, with some of us, a very personal matter that would be hard at any time, let alone the holidays.

If you are "in the neighborhood", a consoling "hang in there" would be a nice gesture.

If you're reading this, Ron, hang in there. Magic and other things, moves in mysterious ways. I'm sure you will come out whole and happy.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Thanks for sharing this with Jaxon's friends Blindbo and he has many. He's one of the most kind-hearted and giving people around.

I miss chatting with you as do many others Jaxon, you know where we are. (Wish it had a hug icon cause I'd have one of those at the end of this.)

Take Care
Your Friend C
sourcerer
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
175 Posts

Profile of sourcerer
Hi Blindbo,

Please pass along a HUG from me as well. Jaxon is definitely one of the nicest guys I ever met and I wish him nothing but good, and lots of it.

If you happen to read this yourself Ron, hang in there buddy, consider yourself hugged.

Kaj
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks so much everyone. This really means a lot to me. We've all been through hard times so I know that things can work out somehow. The hardest part is not being able to see how yet. It'll come I'm sure and I know that because of people like you all.

Thanks again and I hope everyone has a great holiday.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of ventman
Jaxon,

Hang in there my friend! You're in good company. I myself am going through a terrible thing and do not see how it is going to work out at all. We have to keep hoping and praying, though.

Take care my friend,
Coldthorn
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Hang in there Ron. It will all work out for the best.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
My dear friend Ron, it is my hope that you know I and others are here for you, magic or otherwise.

I have counted you as one of my dear friends going back a few years now. Hope, courage and faith to you my brother!

~rr
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
Jax,

You know where to find friends to talk. You have made it through Christmas. I hope everything works out for the best.

(((HUGS)))
Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
It's been almost a year since blindbo kindly started this thread and all of your kind words where shared that meant so much to me. Thank you so much for that.

The reason I'm posting this now is for a couple of reasons. First I'd like to let you know how things are going for me now. The second reason I want to share how things are going, and how things went is in hopes that maybe someday someone else in here might go through a similar situation. By sharing my experience maybe it'll help them to try and visualize that things can turn out good even when it doesn't feel like there's much hope for tomorrow.

I'm doing okay now. A lot of changes of course. When the divorce first started I was very crushed. Nothing in life felt quite right. It seemed like everything I knew and wanted suddenly changed. I had no idea what to do next and to be honest, I didn't care what would happen next. I just kind of went day by day avoiding anything that might catch my interest because it would always make me feel like something was missing.

Luckily I had a friend who has been through a divorce so he knew how I was feeling. He did something for me that doesn't seem like much of a gift. I didn't feel like doing what he gave me but he talked me into it and I'm thankful. What he did is gave me a part time job where he works. The reason wasn't really for money, although I can always use that. What this did is gave me a reason to wake up in the morning. Made me feel useful and wanted. Not exactly how I wanted to be wanted but I knew people where counting on me. So that was a big help.

So I now had new people in my life. New friends, new schedule. At first all I thought about was work. It became my escape.

Once that became my "normal" routine. I started to think about other things in my life. Thought about where I should go from here.

I can't really say it hit me like a bolt of lightning, but it did finally occur to me that all I have to worry about now is me. My decisions will effect me and me alone. I don't have to work around the kids, my ex wife, or anyone. My life is an open book and I can write the chapters how I want them to be. While this is going on in my mind I also feel that once I reach some of my goals. Once I make my life a little more like I want it to be. It'll mean so much more if I have someone to share that with. This can bring on moments or sadness at times but it also brings on moments of hope. I can make my life what I want it to be and find someone who will enjoy this new me. And someone I can enjoying sharing it with.

I'm sure you might be able to guess where I want my life to be. I've focused on the one thing that gives me the most pleasure, the most friends and the most rewarding feeling. That is my magic. Both performing, inventing, sharing and learning. So I've been able to take some chances. If they don't work it'll only effect me now.

So I have a new website now. I've had 2 tricks come out on the market in the last few months and a few more coming out this year. I've been doing twice as many shows as I have in the past few years. I'm hoping to put together a little lecture tour because the few I've done locally went very well and I had a great time doing that.

So, life isn't perfect yet but it's getting better. It took a while for me to get to the point where I can think about my ex and honestly think (It's her loss more then mine). Because I now have a new focus in life and I'm doing my best to keep everything negative out. The best of me is yet to come and I have many of you to think for that. Not only the posts here on this thread but I've had many great experiences that had to do with magic and fellow magicians this year. At abbots when I got robbed the town raised a collection for me. It wasn't the money, it was the thought that brought tears to my eyes. Magic and magicians have honestly been my best friend.

So if anyone else out there comes to a point where tomorrow doesn't seem to promising. Keep your head up and keep moving. Things will get better.

Thanks again.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6722 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ron, you are an inspiration to me. I just recently caught up on things, and see you have been through the wringer, robbed and now a divorce! You are in my prayers, my friend. You are an honorable person, IMO.

I, also, am going through a very hard time. Seeing your post above, is what I needed to see today. Just yesterday, I opened my mail, and I found something wonderful a member of the Café' (I will not mention his name) sent me. I had not expected that. I have met no one here.

No one really knows me, but this Café' member thought enough to sent me something "to cheer" me up. I have to wipe tears from my eyes as I write this. My OWN FAMILY does not think enough of me to check on me after the hurricanes, but a Café' member did.

This is where I come to escape the drudgery of life. A world where people like Ron Jaxon, Blindbo, Chrystal, and other great people gather. I find more caring here, than any place in the world I have ever been.

I hope I can visit Michigan someday, Ron. It would be a priviledge, and a pleasure to see you perform. Good luck, my friend!

Doug
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Jaxon,

I know how you feel. That was a very painful time of my life, but it really was for the best. I was not really happy, and perhaps it really saved me. So I am grateful. I took from it many lessons which have made me a better man. So painful as it was, I am stronger and better than ever. And happy.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Ron, my prayers are with you.

You seem to have already learned one of the great truths in life. It is about choosing for yourself how you will live and how you will respond to life.

Joe Stowell, President of Moody Bible institute put it ever so clearly, when he said, "The problem with Life, is that it is just so daily......."

Life can wear you down. But you now have the gift of a fresh look at life. Congratulations on looking at it through hopeful eyes.

God Bless!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Thanks for the inspiration Ron!
I needed to hear what you posted today.

May the Creator Bless you with Love, Health, and Wisdom!
~r2
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Thanks for the inspiration Ron!
I needed to hear what you posted today.

May the Creator Bless you with Love, Health, and Wisdom!
~r2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Our Friend Jaxon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL