The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Experiment over - normal service resumed.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
So as promised, here's the final update on the 'suggested donation' experiment over at http://www.readerofminds.co.uk

The idea was that people could email me and receive any PDFs they wanted without paying anything up-front. Then when they had received and read the PDFs, they donated a fee based upon how much value they felt the PDFs had given them.

I guess it was always going to be a tough gig - handing out stuff essentially free of charge and then hoping that people would return at a later date to pay. But hope springs eternal...

Anyway (and not including people who have received PDFs over the last week or so), 40% of those who received PDFs actually donated something. The vast majority of those who donated, donated the suggested price. A small percentage donated less, and one blessed soul donated more.

I'm really not sure how to look at the experiment - whether to view it as a success or a failure. I know a lot of people will be surprised that 40% actually bothered to donate anything, while others will think that 60% not donating anything is outrageous. I've had both responses from people I know. Personally, I think it's 'okay'. No more, no less. But sadly not good enough to carry on with.

So from now my site has reverted back to a more traditional retail model, IE you pay up front! Smile

But hey, there is good news - The Magician's Guide to the Tarot is now available! Smile
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
It saddens me paul as I find gems in your work. I was really hoping that this would work out for you because it is such a novel way to do things. but I guess that the free ride mentality is alive and well in our community as it is in the rest of the world. good luck on the new book brother.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
I second Michael, It is sad to see those low numbers.
As I stated earlier, I have most Voodini stuff and it made me be a better performer.
Anyway, Paul hope you recover on near future on your sales.
Regards!
Jeff Wassom
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of Jeff Wassom
Paul, I think part of the result is people not having the money to pay for products when ordered, with those same people less and less likely to pay as time goes by.

I imagine 40% is pretty close to what most people could expect when offering potentially free product, as psychologically it opens doors to people who think they can get something for nothing. Personally, I'm not going to waste your time unless willing and prepared to pay full price.

Thanks for sharing. I was hoping for 50% or above for you. =)
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11565 Posts

Profile of John C
Most are just collectors anyway. They are the ones that never would have bought anything. Those PDFs will simply sit on a hard drive or in a cloud somewhere and soon evaporate as the result of a crash.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Experiment over - normal service resumed.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL