The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Scarne effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
In Scarne on cards and in Michael Skinner's Classic Sampler, Scarne's pet effect is described in which he cuts to the aces from a shuffled deck. Out of curiousity since the method explained seems rather impossible I was wondering if anybody, or anybody you know, can do the effect?
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
Bill Malone can...he performed it on one of the World's Greatest Magic specials (I can't remember which one).
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
freaksrock62
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of freaksrock62
I can do the effect on occasion. It is one that I save for the very end and only if every other trick in the show went well...this way I can screw-up and still walk away with some credibility. I am actually able to accomplish the effect about 75 percent of the time I try it.
La dee frickin' da!
I live in a van down by the river!
GothicBen
View Profile
Veteran user
England
353 Posts

Profile of GothicBen
I perform it - yes, they shuffle the cards (borrowed if possible) and yes, I always cut to the aces. As for details, well PM me and I'll give you a few hints, but it's not for the faint-hearted!!!
GothicBen
View Profile
Veteran user
England
353 Posts

Profile of GothicBen
Thanks for all the PMs; I'll e-mail all interested parties in a few days, so please be patient!

Thanks!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Scarne effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL