The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Gene Gordon's Linking Ring Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1721 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Does anybody use the Gene Gordon routine? I'm looking to add a routine in my kids & family show, and I came across the routine in Gene Gordon's book. I'm wondering how it plays, especially compared to David Ginn's routine, which also uses 2 volunteers from the audience.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
I can vouch for the David Ginn routine, I have been doing it for over 25 years and it has evolved into my routine. It is modular and like many ring routines can be lengthened or shortened. I have used it with kids and adults, and even have a Gospel version. But, I bet if you like a routine and use it over and over any routine becomes yours.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Check out Eric Lewis's routine from Open Sesame. It is also in his book "A Continuation of Miracles" published by Mike Caveney.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1721 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Thanks guys .....
Quentin .... I checked out your web site, (listed on the bottom of your message), and I think that I was as entertained as the kids were. Great job. I really enjoyed your performances.
jamesmwood
View Profile
Regular user
El Paso, Texas
101 Posts

Profile of jamesmwood
I checked out Quentin's website as well at http://www.magicfunshows.co.uk/

It contains one of my favorite routines -- his "Five Minutes With a Pocket Handkerchief" (handkerchief mouse comes to life) -- as well as several other of his performances for school children. His "Mad Magic Drawing" has some themes in common with his handkerchief mouse : An inanimate object comes to life and causes mischief and finally has to be returned to oblivion (this is also the theme of the famous Mickey Mouse version of The Sorcerer's Apprentice).

Thanks for a very entertaining and instructive website, Quentin.
Jim Wood
El Paso, Texas
jawood@utep.edu
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Several routines are on The World's Greatest Magic - Linking Rings DVD
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1499
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Gene Gordon's Linking Ring Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL