The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Pyro Perception Patter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tocatcher2
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of tocatcher2
Hey guys I just recently purchased Pyro Perception which is a great trick but I was just wondering what patter do you guys use when performing this?

I'm trying to get some ideas because right now I don't have much patter for this. Thanks a lot for the help.

-Alex-
whitelephant
View Profile
New user
Jerusalem
97 Posts

Profile of whitelephant
"Kids, don't try this at home!"

I'm unfarmiliar with the effect, but I do a good bit with fire if you want to PM the effect I'd be happy to help you come up with some patter. Smile
drink water...
Matt Ferro
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
128 Posts

Profile of Matt Ferro
I just did this last night at a Christmas party and this is the patter I used, "Please take a card."

Say it was the four of diamonds. Show it around to everyone and place it back in the deck. Now give the deck a quick shuffle.

"Perfect, (I whip out my zippo) don't try this at home. Now if I hold my fingers in the flame long enough, owe ah, I can get it to blister a little, ah ooh ouch, there I think that's good. Now if you look at the blister on my thumb it kinda looks like four and on my finger it looks kinda like a diamond."

At the beginning it is also worth showing that there is nothing on your fingers. People flip out!

Happy holidays! Smile
Don't practice till you can do it right, Practice till you can't do it wrong...
tocatcher2
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of tocatcher2
Thanks for the help, because I LOVE this trick but I just didn't have much of a patter and I plan on performing it soon at some parties, etc.

If anyone else has any good ideas for patter let me know.
silverfire9
View Profile
Veteran user
Rochester Hills, MI
323 Posts

Profile of silverfire9
I'm not sure it really needs patter. I don't have the trick, but I know the effect, and it's a very visual and startling one, if done right. Perhaps set up the beginning like some other card trick, then casually reach into the flames and get the blister.

Or what about starting out by talking about magicians and fire, and how Prometheus was chained for bringing fire to Man, or whatever fire-related patter you want, emphasizing fire as magic. Then go into the trick.

Personally, I'd just use the first method. Present it like it's another card trick, then get out the lighter. Part of what makes this trick effective, after all, is the fact that the spectator doesn't know what's coming. If you have a fire-related patter, though, they are expecting something with the fire, so the overall "wow" factor may drop some (at least, this is how it seems to me).
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
There's an idea. Try the trick silent! It's so visual it may be worth just going through it silently and letting the effect takes its own course.

Just a thought.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Twisted_Reality
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Twisted_Reality
I agree with the silent method, PP is such a strong effect, miming it would stand out in an act of fire.
Of course I can float, - can i borrow a jet pack from the audience please?
Twitch
View Profile
New user
Buckley, WA
80 Posts

Profile of Twitch
I do this trick quite often and I don't say a word. It works perfectly because all they see you do is start burning your finger, doing it that way never fails to get a "What the hell is he doing?" kind of reaction.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1092 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
If you guys love this effect check out my routine with it; I hope you like it.

click here

It is in the secret sessions so you need 50 posts; sorry.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
How about delaying the revelation until a later time? You can just say that you'll get back to them later or even put the card in an envelope or something. Then later you could burn the envelope (with card inside) and use the flame for your revelation.

(I quite like that! I just made it up now; think I'll try it out later!)
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
Xia
View Profile
Loyal user
London, England
286 Posts

Profile of Xia
The above post is brilliant. I wouldn't leave it too long though as it gives you time to check the deck, press your fingers into a stencil or anything. I think the immediate revelation works quite well, and leaves no ideas as to how it was done.
"They say time is money...i say time is precious"
"They say the whole is much more than the sum of its Parts...Thats why a man is much more than the sum of his Past!"
Dan Monroe
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Dan Monroe
I have them write their chosen card on a piece of flash paper, fold it up, hand it back to me and then I light it. I shake my hand a little like there is some pain involved and then show the blisters matching the chosen card. Smile
The power is within us all...I'm just a little more full of it.
danmonroe.bravehost.com
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I agree that you should build up 50 posts and check Hack's routine in the Secret Sessions area. Some very good ideas there.

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
I make it seem like I mess up and I can't seem to find the card. After naming the wrong card for the third time, I make a false escape by offering to do a lighter effect instead. I would do a few flourishes and then pretend to get a blister from the flame. I then pause and look at my audience with a confused look, as if I couldn't make up the impression on my fingers. Then I ask them to see for themselves. I hope you guys try it. PM me if it works for you.

All the best,
rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Pyro Perception Patter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL