The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taller Or Smaller by Wack-O-Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Purchased this prop directly from WacK-O-Magic. Very poorly made. . The school house tips over easily. The sides were put on crooked, and glue marks along the sides. Wack-O-Magic did contact me when I posted my concerns on their Facebook (which they deleted) He seemed more concerned about posting my honest review than about my issues. He admitted that the school house does tip over easy, and it was a problem he could not solve. He pointed out that it tips over because of the mirror on the back. He apparently had several others who purchased this prop contact him with the same issues. He offered to build legs for it, and said that he chose not to originally build legs for it because the prop would no longer pack small. I found that comment rather strange because the school house doesn't pack small anyways.

After showing Wack-O-Magic pictures of my prop I never heard from him again.

The ad which says it's sturdy is also misleading, especially when Wack-O-Magic admitted to me in an email that he was aware of the problem right from the start.

I recently had someone rebuild the school house for me so it is now very sturdy, and it didn't need legs to make it sturdy. The problem was just bad workmanship.

Here are some pics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/109107634@N02/
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4663 Posts

Profile of RNK
Wow does that look poor. Not even square- edges are out of sorts....
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
It was pretty bad. He tried telling me he wasn't giving refunds. I told him I was familiar with my consumer rights, but wasn't going to seek a refund. A friend of mine has a wood shop and rebuilt the school house for me. He couldn't believe I paid what I did for something so terribly made.

I didn't even mention yet about the stands that the characters sit on. Lol

The fact that he choose to no longer respond after I sent him the pictures tells me he is not worth me ever dealing with again.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Taller Or Smaller by Wack-O-Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL