The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » A little clip impromptu on Halloween. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Here is a clip thrown together on a brief history of myself and my figure, Ducky O'Neil. This was put together on Halloween afternoon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY_UsT0Iqdw
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Good stuff Doc. You're building a solar vardo? Very cool. I'd like to know more about Ducky and his carver, and how he came to be your partner.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
Hi David, ducky O'Neil, his name when I started working with him 60 years ago,was carved by Turner back in the late 30's to 40's. I got him third hand. I worked with him until late high school and then approached the owner, Orval Graves, to see if he would sell him to me. He said I could have him but my mother insisted I buy him so he said he's take $35 for him. The same as Charlie McCarthy cost Bergen. Summer before fourth grade I saw Orval perform with Ducky at a YMCA event. He was secretary of the Y at the time. I approached him to ask if I could see him up close. Like W.C. Fields might have acted, Orval heaved Ducky towards his shoulder nearly using his foot to push me away saying "get back, get back" as he darted into a back room to put Ducky away. I was deeply taken back by it. When school started I was in my new class and I looked out the window to see Orval carrying Ducky walking towards the office. I nudged the kid sitting near me and told him I saw that dummy during the summer. Of course he didn't care. About ten minutes later Orval came into our class to announce the formation of the Gray Y club for 4th. 5th graders beginning after class with an orientation where Ducky O'Neil would be performed by none other than, Terry Robinson. I fell off my seat. From then on Ducky and I promoted the YMCA and he has been with me. The solar vardo clip can be seen at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjNj2awiEvg
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
DollZWize
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of DollZWize
Midst showing my husband your delightful videos and just wanted to tell you I Love the story of how you and Ducky first began, and continue! Thanks so Much Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » A little clip impromptu on Halloween. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL