The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Best of 2003 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Best movies of 2003, or at least films that I thought were good enough ---- at least

in NO particular order:

Pirates of the Carribean
Matchstick Men
Kill Bill Vol. 1
X2 - X Men United
Phone Booth

Stinkers in my book:

The Matrix Revolutions
Dreamcatcher
Daredevil
Gothika
Wrong Turn
SWAT.

Best DVD's

Halloween 25th Anniversary Edition.

The films I have yet to see and am intersted in seeing:

The Last Samurai
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
The Runaway Jury
The Missing

What are yours?
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
Elf
The last samurai(what a freaken great movie!! Not for the faint of heart).
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
My Best:
Return of the King
Kill Bill vol.1
X-2
Finding Nemo
Pirates of the Carribean

Best DVD:
Indiana Jones Trilogy, waited too long for DVD release

Most disappointed movies:
Matrix Reloaded/Revolution
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Don't get me wrong, I liked Matrix Reloaded a lot. its a lotta fun to watch. I just didn't like the pacing of the film at the start. and as in all 3 of the movies, I don't like bullettime and I thought it was marred by mediocre, if not poor acting.

I think the Wachowskis are very good storytellers though. however, they weren't as deep as most fans thought them to be during Reloaded's release.
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Best Short Movie!!

The few minutes News Video of Saddam after he had been dragged from his Hidey Hole

Howard
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
That's a docu feature.

It can be more cinematic if they re-inacted it and made it into a real short. Smile
- Guy Hollingworth
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
For those who said that you didn't enjoy the Matrix movies, did you even understand them? I think if you TRULY understood what they meant then you wouldn't be saying they were bad.
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
I understood them. It had very unique storytelling, as I've mentioned.
Once again, I don't like the bad acting, the slo mo sequences (even though they are the film's trademark) and I don't like the score. The dialogue is too On The Nose in my opinion.
- Guy Hollingworth
magicsoup
View Profile
Elite user
461 Posts

Profile of magicsoup
I see very few newer movies. I liked Daredevil. I thought it had great villians unlike Spider Man which had a horrible Power Ranger look to the villian.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Quote:
For those who said that you didn't enjoy the Matrix movies, did you even understand them? I think if you TRULY understood what they meant then you wouldn't be saying they were bad.

I understood them, but found them no more interesting than studying any religious theory (dont get me wrong, that can be very interesting!). It was a good story, but nothing new.

Anywho, the best of 2003 for me would have to be....

Pirates of the Carribean
LOTR
Bruce Almighty (OK, that might have been 2002!)

Ok, those are the only ones that I can remember seeing!! I don't really watch a whole bunch of movies!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Ummm, everybody knows that Finding Nemo is the ultimate film of all time. Seeing as it came out in 2003, I think it wins this one.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Kill Bill Vol. 1 (but I'm still aching to see the second half)
Mystic River
Lost In Translation
Finding Nemo
Capturing The Friedmans
The Last Samurai
Irreversible (NOT an ideal date movie)

I've still yet to see American Splendor or Master & Commander.

Worst Comedy award goes to The Pianist Smile
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Best Movies of 2003 in no real order Daredevil, X MEN 2, Pirates Of The Carribean, League Of Extraodinary Gentlemen, Master And Commander, The Hot Chick, Underworld, and Cabin Fever. Best DVD of 2003 has to be "The Crow" 2 disc Special edition I cannot wait until fourth Crow flick coming out in the cinema 2004 when is it out in america? Best CD Of 2003, Nirvana Box set and INXS Box Set. How can people not like Keanu Reeves he is a great actor he has an edgy way about him See "The Watcher".

Regards,

Luke L Smile
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
kull_spider
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
115 Posts

Profile of kull_spider
Best:
Master & Commander (anything with Russell Crowe in it is great!)
Return of The King
Finding Nemo
Last Samurai
Pirates of the Carribean

Worst:
Matrix Revolutions

P/S: What were Saddam's first words when he was dragged out of his hole?

"Did I beat David Blaine?" Smile Smile
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Quote:
P/S: What were Saddam's first words when he was dragged out of his hole?

"Did I beat David Blaine?"

not even close, he gets out of hiddy holes every 4 hours.

Smile
- Guy Hollingworth
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Best of 2003 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL