The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Old School Matrix (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kekoa
View Profile
New user
Oahu, Hawaii
33 Posts

Profile of Kekoa
I thought I'd revisit an older matrix routine that I was working on a few years back. Started with a "quickie" assembly by Curtis Kam...followed by another Curtis Kam matrix to slow it down...and finished with a Shoot Ogawa backfire. Please note that the camera angle is not where the spectator's are sitting...but I doubt that anyone on the Café will mind.
With all of the new and latest "Matix" type effects people are putting out...I still find myself performing older material. I just like the way this sequence flows. The first phase is fast...second phase slows it down but changes the method...and the backfire seals the deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j06hPKgJcvA
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Very nice!
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
***, that's really nice.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1004 Posts

Profile of Ado
Yeah, very nice. Very well performed, I didn't feel like I was seeing any move. Good job!

P!
Kekoa
View Profile
New user
Oahu, Hawaii
33 Posts

Profile of Kekoa
Thanks guys for the positive comments! Aside from the technical aspects of the routine, I really enjoy watching the reactions of the girl during the different phases in this video. I would also like to hear from any Café' members who know the middle phase of this routine in regards to the backfire? When I showed Curtis the addition of the Shoot Ogawa backfire...his face went a little sour. At least, that's what I remember.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Kekoa I really enjoyed your handling
vi9nny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10722 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Kekoa I really enjoyed your handling you made old school look like new school
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Kekoa, WELL DONE!

You blew them away with your performance!
Kekoa
View Profile
New user
Oahu, Hawaii
33 Posts

Profile of Kekoa
@vinsmagic, Thanks for the compliment!
@zombie magic, The routine is all Curtis Kam...I only changed the backfire at the end...although, when performed for the right audience...it never ceases to amaze. Thanks for the compliment as well! Aloha!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Old School Matrix (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL