The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins Across With, "Flipper"? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Hi everyone!

Are any of you familiar with a well thought out coins across routine with a flipper coin?

Does anyone well known such as Kurtz, Ammar have anything published?

Thanks!

Steve Landavazo
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
Coins across with flipper

How does he hold the coins with his fins?

Smile Smile Smile
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Mike!

You ought to see the, "whale" version!

Steve
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
917 Posts

Profile of Martino
Although I haven't read it yet, I belive there may be such a routine in the Troy Hooser book "DesTroyers".
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4757 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea, Troy has coins across flipper stuff in his new book! I have some too, I just have not gotten around to putting it in print yet.

Best David Neighbors

The coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I have a version of 3-fly using a flipper coin. I too have yet to print it. maybe soon at the coin purse I will post it.

Chad

ps...if you find the flipper coin hard to use, you can use a folding coin for the same purpose. but the flipper gives a better appearance of 2 coins. Smile
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Paul Wilson has a coins across using a flipper. I believe it is on his Knock 'Em Dead video.
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Actually Scott, the effect on Knock Em Dead you're referring to is Crowded Coins and it doesn't use a flipper.

Beautiful piece of magic. I highly recommend it.

:wavey:
Yakworld.
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
My apologies. I know I have seen a coins across with a flipper, and I was sure it was Paul Wilson.

I shall now retire to the corner and think about my transgression. Smile

Scott O. Smile
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Having assisted in the final editing of the Troy Hooser book, I can tell you that it does NOT contain a "Coins Across" using a flipper coin.

In a sub-chapter called "An In-depth Study on the Flipper Coin", Troy teaches a three coin "Coins Through Table", a complete vanish of three coins called "Squeezed Away", a three coin silver/brass transformation called "a Touch of Brass" and a version of Roth's "Hanging Coins" called "Hooked on Coins". Within the text of "Squeezed Away" Hooser SUGGESTS that the flipper coin could be used within a "Coins Across" routine, but never actually details such a routine.

By the way, in the current Magic Magazine, Mike Close has a review of the book [DesTROYers] and I have to say I concur with his opinions. However, regarding the editing, he does mention that "a few slipups fell through the cracks...". I would just like to mention that I was one of the very last proofreaders to examine the roughs - after everyone else had already made their changes. I submitted three pages (single-spaced) of text edits and twenty-three corrected drawings. Less that twenty percent of my corrections were adopted in the final publication; the rest were ignored and allowed to go to press uncorrected. So if - I mean WHEN - you find discrepancies in the book, know that it was not caused by poor editing, but rather by the ego/laziness/procrastination of the publishers.

Regards,

Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Thank you everyone regarding my question on, "Flipper Coin"!!!!

Lots of great advice, and I sure do appreciate it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins Across With, "Flipper"? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL