The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » O.M.G (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of tricky360
I have five free copies of a P.I.N divination up for grabs. All I ask in return is a quick review back here on the Café.

Don't forget to send me your email, and I'll send one out to you. Smile
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of tricky360
All copies sent out. Thank you. ;-)
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1572 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Mick very kindly sent this to me, and as per the proviso for getting it - here's my brief review;

First off, this is a very bold effect. It will require good audience / participant management to pull it off. I am sure in the right hands this would be an excellent effect, intermingled as part of a bigger routine. At least, this is how I would perform it.
It does involve DR - but, if you are a performer who is experienced in this field, this won't cause you any concern.
Finally, I don't think it would be a parlour effect, but I can see it as having some merit in a theater show. Most of my bookings are for theater shows, and as such, I might give it a "run out" sometime soon!

Overall, there is some old and new thinking mixed into this bold routine that would leave a large audience scratching their head!

Robert.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Here are my thoughts on OMG...

As I started reading, I immediately thought of the way that I would do this and was surprised to find out that I was thinking WAY too hard. Talk about the K.I.S.S principal in action.....

The method is a very old gag that, in this case, has been given a new refreshing make over. What really sells this routine is the very last thing that the performer does. This little action should hit hard and completely dumbfound on lookers. The ending adds greatly to the overall routine and in my opinion makes this a really nice addition to anyone's act.

I have already been thinking of other ways to use this idea of OMG, and I have what I think would be a cool comedy routine. I can see myself using the idea behind OMG to create a more personal fun routine that fits my style of performing.

Ever though this may be part of an older bit, it will play well as written. Once the main idea is known, then just think of other ways to use this principal and have fun with it. If something can get me to think of other ways to use an idea, I always felt that I have gotten my money's worth. OMG has me thinking and really is a nice, easy and fun routine to try.

Best
Ray
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
586 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
I, too, was lucky enough that Mick sent me a copy. Not too much more to add to the above except to say that, although it involves DR, which isn't really my thing given the close, community type of performances that I do, I can nevertheless see that this 'has legs'. Quite a cheeky and devious little idea, really and, in the right hands, will come over very well. I agree wholeheartedley with magical dimensions in that it should stimulate further use of this idea although I echo his sentiiments in that it should also work very well as written, too. It IS bold, he obviously has bigger balls than me(!!) and clearly some audience management will need to be applied but I cannot see this not working.....well done, sir! I l love the simplicity and boldness of this concept, not sure that I peraonally would get away with it but, in the right hands, very baffling to the audience. This is NOT to detract from this effect, it is just not suited to my particular work style......
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
tricky360
View Profile
Veteran user
302 Posts

Profile of tricky360
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=159&24

Hi, just to let you know, there are some more reviews posted here. ;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » O.M.G (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL