The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Some of the better and unique kids magic manufactures/inventors (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
Looking for your best list of dealers, manufactures, comedy,unique children magic suppliers and ideas. Who do you feel has some really unique products?
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Only thing I have seen of interest is the talking magic wand from Razzamatazz magic. I don't like kids props, but if I did, they would get all my money.
http://www.razamatazzmagic.com/magicshop......ter_Wand
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24096 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Tommy James invents and sells great kid show props.

http://www.dazzlingmagic.com/tommy-james-products/
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Quentin
When it comes to inventors who have actually invented new tricks that you know:

Norman: Elusive Rabbits aka Hippity Hop Rabbits
Harry Leat: Run Rabbit Run
Edwin of Supreme: Farmyard Frolics and hundreds of other tricks
Louis Histed: Square Circle

The fact that those tricks are standard and it seems that 50% of new tricks for children's entertainers are variations of them says a lot.

In addition, equally clever inventors but perhaps not as well known to today's younger magicians:

Eric P Wilson
Eric C Lewis
Eric W Sharp
Len Belcher
Ian Adair
Roy Baker

The world's leading supplier of children's show magic was for many years Supreme Magic.

Currently the top three are:

Practical Magic
Albion Magic
Razamataaz Magic

I've noticed something odd about all those names. They are all British. Very odd indeed.
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-11-28 04:49, Quentin wrote:
When it comes to inventors who have actually invented new tricks that you know:

Norman: Elusive Rabbits aka Hippity Hop Rabbits
Harry Leat: Run Rabbit Run
Edwin of Supreme: Farmyard Frolics and hundreds of other tricks
Louis Histed: Square Circle

The fact that those tricks are standard and it seems that 50% of new tricks for children's entertainers are variations of them says a lot.

In addition, equally clever inventors but perhaps not as well known to today's younger magicians:

Eric P Wilson
Eric C Lewis
Eric W Sharp
Len Belcher
Ian Adair
Roy Baker

The world's leading supplier of children's show magic was for many years Supreme Magic.

Currently the top three are:

Practical Magic
Albion Magic
Razamataaz Magic

I've noticed something odd about all those names. They are all British. Very odd indeed.

Good list Quentin!

I would add some dealers from the past and present who also supply many children's effects:

Max Andrews
Harry Stanley
Magictrix(Stoke on Trent)
Davenports
Ron MacMillan
Oscar Oswald
Alan Warner
Edwin's Magic Arts
Barry Lamond
Castle Magic(York)
Jack Hughes

JR
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1162 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Kandu (Jeff Eaton) . He is American! He makes some unique stuff like the Comedy Carton and Comedy cup.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13363 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2013-11-27 18:57, wardmagic wrote:
Looking for your best list of dealers, manufactures, comedy,unique children magic suppliers and ideas. Who do you feel has some really unique products?

Why are you asking... if you don't mind?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Roger's post prompts me to add that Alan Warner in his early days as a dealer invented and built some great tricks for the children's entertainer. What a shame he stopped so he could focus on the mini apparatus range mainly aimed at collectors.

And of course Billy Day who invented some great children's tricks like Lovey Duck and Hold That Tiger. Gil Leaney also invented some great kidshow tricks and after he retired from dealing became the chief prop maker for the Paul Daniels TV series.

Need I add that these gentlemen were part of the same oddity?

Currently John Breeds (equally odd) has been inventing http://www.johnbreeds.com .
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Alan Warner and Myself used to work together for Ron MacMillan selling Svengalis before he even became a dealer. We are getting old Quentin!!! Smile JR
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
328 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Don't forget Chance Wolf.

Chance makes top quality products that pack a wallop and will last a lifetime.

Many of them are Children's effects.

He and his company are a class act.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2115 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
I'll second Chance Wolf. I have 3 of his products and they kill.

The problem is, even though his products are fantastic, actually ACQUIRING one is a hit-or-miss proposition. This modern-day geppetto / Edison of magic used to keep all his stuff in stock, but being a one-man operation, demand finally overwhelmed supply, and then he became a father, so now, the rule of thumb is this: When WolfMagic releases a new product, if you like it---GRAB it!!! Because it wont be around for long, and it will probably be a while before it comes back!
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Peter and Mighty Fool,
I truly appreciate the kind words and praise.
When I started Wolfs Magic, I was quite ambitious, as I still am today, but had a LOT more energy back then Smile
I looked at the history of children's magic and realized that it was grossly outdated visually.
The artwork, design, style and manufacturing methods needed a serious update.
With an extensive background as a professional artist...it seemed the thing to do.
I took the children;'s magic world and flipped it on its head updating old classics and inventing many new effects and revolutionizing the materials and methods of manufacturing. I must have done something right as many other companies have "followed" my formula.
Including a recent new UK manufacturer who pretty much mirrored my entire manufacturing formula...so don't say the UK guys can't learn from us Americans Smile
Which is a GOOD thing as it only makes magic grow in so many ways.

It has been a fun 10 years of inventing and manufacturing magic and the magic community has been so great to us.
Over 30% of our sales go to the UK so we know they love us as much as we love them.
We truly appreciate our UK customers!!

I continue to create new items every year but production is not what it used to be.
Please know that we continue to make more than enough of a new release to go around but we simply cannot keep all items in stock.
I have far too many creations to make that possible unless I hire a 5 man team which I prefer to avoid that headache.
We have an awesome simple method to guarantee folks any of our upcoming effects.
Just write us an email and we put you on an Interested List.
Once the item goes into production, we notify you, make sure you still want the item, then we go into production.
We need enough people on any given list to justify a run.

For those of you new to the scene, go to http://wolfsmagic.com/A_Products%202013.htm to see what a good Old Fashioned American Manufacturer is doing these days Smile
Thanks for the support guys!!
Chance Wolf
wolfsmagic.com
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Just a quick additional thought.
My company owes a LOT to the UK Magic Inventors and Creators of magic who have come before us!
I have publicly stated on many occasions that Jack Hughes is my creative IDOL.
He was an amazing inventor and builder who set the creative standard for so many magic effects.
I wish so much that I could have had just one hour with him just to chat and get to know him.
Wolf's Magic THANKS all of the UK Magic Inventors who have helped pave the path for our success!

Sincerely
Chance Wolf
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Quote:
On 2013-11-27 20:14, Dynamike wrote:
Tommy James invents and sells great kid show props.

http://www.dazzlingmagic.com/tommy-james-products/

Agreed absolutely 100%!! Plus Tommy's routines are audience tested and affordable!!
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-11-29 14:54, Chance Wolf wrote:
Just a quick additional thought.
My company owes a LOT to the UK Magic Inventors and Creators of magic who have come before us!
I have publicly stated on many occasions that Jack Hughes is my creative IDOL.
He was an amazing inventor and builder who set the creative standard for so many magic effects.
I wish so much that I could have had just one hour with him just to chat and get to know him.
Wolf's Magic THANKS all of the UK Magic Inventors who have helped pave the path for our success!

Sincerely
Chance Wolf

You know I am a fan, Chance!!! Jack Hughes would be proud of you!!! Smile JR
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Derek Rutt put out some original stuff and don't forget up and comming John Breeds
Jolly Roger
View Profile
V.I.P.
Sedona, Arizona
1648 Posts

Profile of Jolly Roger
Quote:
On 2013-11-30 10:23, pbj100 wrote:
Derek Rutt put out some original stuff and don't forget up and comming John Breeds

Aren't they both British? JR
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Mark leverige , oh I think he is British too !
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
My favorites are:

1.Wolfs Magic by Chance Wolf The highest quality children's magic effects available!

2.Practical Magic I like some of their magic because they sell some effects that my competition doesn't have.

3.Tommy James Magic is the newest inventor to me. I have a couple of his items and they are fun and economical.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1749 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2013-11-30 22:45, Mike Brezler wrote:
My favorites are:

1.Wolfs Magic by Chance Wolf The highest quality children's magic effects available!

2.Practical Magic I like some of their magic because they sell some effects that my competition doesn't have.

3.Tommy James Magic is the newest inventor to me. I have a couple of his items and they are fun and economical.

AND may I say I'm NOT British!
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Some of the better and unique kids magic manufactures/inventors (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL