The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Exposure by Asi Wind (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
It says "There are no gimmicks or special applications needed"

http://shop.dananddave.com/double-exposu......bb9be2d8

David Blaine performed it on his recent special for Will Smith's family:

http://vimeo.com/80621464
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4128 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Zombie,

I hope you and your family are well. I normally do not like much of the app magic but this looks very good. Thank you very much for the link.

Best wishes,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Hi magicinsight! Hope all is great with you and yours.

This one says "no apps". Sounds right, since you borrow their phone for the photo.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I picked it up - I'm a sucker for Asi Wind's material, and triumphs, so this was a no-brainer. It's a streaming video - you get the history/credits, explanation, as well as some discussion with Asi about variaitons and performing it more easily using a few other ideas (gimmicks, no gimmicks, etc.) Comes with a very simple 1-phase routine as well as a much more difficult 2-phase version where the cards are actually back in order before the picture is shown. I was glad I purchased it - I will definitely be performing this Smile
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2373 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I will have to take a look at this.

I also love Asi Winds material.

Perform his ACAAN all the time from his Chapter 1 booklet.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4404 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I don't have this but pretty basic method I'm sure most figured out when watching the special. But an even better and easier method can be accomplished with standard gimmick. Plus the gimmick allows for a great kicker ending. Did it for wife last night and she was floored. Best trick off the Blaine special IMO.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
@emyers99 - Yes, I'm sure you probably figured out the basic idea - I already had the basics down when I got it - but you can do the kicker ending gimmick-free with a little effort. Asi goes over these variations as well though, in fact quite a few ideas here, in his discussion. I found just the history and thinking behind it was worth the download. Definitely a great trick either way though!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I have a rule about purchasing magic.

If it's Asi Wind you get it.

Done.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
That is a wonderful rule.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
510 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Very nice effect. Not hard at all to do. 100% borrowed deck and borrowed camera
So basically 100% impromptu. Smile I look forward to trying it out in the real world. I know it will melt some brains.

Ryan
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just got it. Unfortunately its a streaming video, I would have prefered a download, but looking at it , its definately one I will use.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4128 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Do you have unlimited access to the video?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
As long as you can stream video (i.e. have internet access), then yes.

Just giving feedback - I prefer doing this exactly as Asi does in the demo. Very powerful, and even fried/surprised my very knowledgable wife. Ben's purchasing rule prevails Smile
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
A little hard to learn from the video. I think a summary check list whould help to stream line it.

I am having a little difficulty with the "move before the fan". Cards seem a little "sticky". Any tips? I think this issue would make it problamatic to do with a "borrowed deck".

I only saw the Vimeo performance above by Blaine. What there more "work" shown on the TV special? Otherwise I don't see how he pulled it off. It is not uncommon for Blaine and others to edit out parts of the performance.
Bobbert
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
152 Posts

Profile of Bobbert
I may be totally off because I don't have this, but to get rid of the stickyness, use either a newer deck or a lighter grip. Hope that works for you!
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Yeah the newer deck would help, hence my comment about using a borrowed deck. Smile

I have a fairly light touch, I expect I am just missing something in the handeling. I will ask some of the card guys I know who may have more experieince with this sleight.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Don't forget to turn the cards over before you do that one move, then fan.
James

Quote:
On 2013-11-30 17:54, KirkG wrote:
Yeah the newer deck would help, hence my comment about using a borrowed deck. Smile

I have a fairly light touch, I expect I am just missing something in the handeling. I will ask some of the card guys I know who may have more experieince with this sleight.

Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1746 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
How do the left handlers find this effect with the fanning?
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Do you need to be able to fan really well do be able to do this?
Anything is Possible
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I agree, using a borrowed deck would be difficult if he deck is not reasonably new.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Exposure by Asi Wind (43 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL