The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Exposure by Asi Wind (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10261 Posts

Profile of pegasus
In all honesty how often are you going to perform this with a borrowed deck? Probably never.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1329 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Quote:
On 2013-11-30 19:57, Jon Allen wrote:
How do the left handlers find this effect with the fanning?

Would also like to know this
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
510 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Probably will never with a borrow deck since I have one all me all the time. I just said in review to validate that is not a gimmick deck.

I did it last night and went over great.

Ryan
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I'm left-handed, but I perform mostly right-handed (for various reasons). For lefties, you obviously want to have the pips exposed - so it makes sense you'll need to either do a reverse fan or thumb fan in the left hand instead of the right. As long as you can fan the cards so that the pips are exposed, you shouldn't have a problem.

As Ryan said, I wouldn't do this with a borrowed deck, but you could. If the cards are in good enough condition to faro weave (no horribly split or bent corners, etc.), then you can do the trick fine - I was first practicing with a pretty old deck of cards and had no problems. As far as sticking goes, I would suppose it's more likely in the mechanics of the move than the condition of the cards.
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
I've yet to be disappointed by one of Asi's effects, and this was no exception. Now if he'd just come out with Chapter Two already, I'd be a very happy camper.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1389 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I confess, I have trouble with the cards binding, too. I use this move with just a few cards all the time, but it's a struggle with half the pack. I handle cards gently, and the cards are in good shape, so I suppose practice, practice, practice.

In all likelihood, I would only use the version taught if asked to perform with a borrowed deck, which is almost never. I would just stick to the Weber concept/method and ring in the deck once the cards are above suspicion, having been handled by the spectators in previous routines. It's a worry free, super-clean method.
It's all in the reflexes.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2740 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Illucifer does that refer to a c to c deck?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1908 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Big trouble learning from the video. No detailed explanations given. Kind of like, "Just do this." Either way, I'm not a pressure fan kind of guy. Ruins decks.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Hmm - I thought the video explanation was fine - in any case, no need to do a pressure fan, as a thumb fan works just as well.
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
510 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
Agreed. Thumb fan is what I use. Pressure fan would help with those stickier decks.

Ryan
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
982 Posts

Profile of scott0819
In the video above, looks like David Blaine prefers the thumb fan as well for this.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
A standard effect made EVEN BETTER BY USING A MOBILE PHONE.

One spectator now has something with them to advertse the performer.

EXCELLENT.

Mike Donoghue
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1908 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
The other problem Im having is the cut before the last weave. The lower half is supposed to sandwich the upper, but there's always much less cards in the lower half making this difficult. For me at least.
Hirwa
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Hirwa
Hi guys,
I tried this trick yesterday night and used a thumb fan. Trust me the reactions were great and I really like the fact that the performer s using a modern object in combination with a classic effect. Great job!
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1908 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
The cards a bit clumpy with the thumb fan. Too many bunched up, concealed cards... looks fishy to me
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1389 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Just use the method mentioned by Asi in the 'History' section.
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
982 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On 2013-12-02 09:02, Illucifer wrote:
Just use the method mentioned by Asi in the 'History' section.

Are you referring to the gaffed versions mentioned?
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1389 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Yup.
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
I use a thumb fan as well for this and it works great. One of my favorite purchases this year.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1908 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Got a few helpful tips from a fellow Café member.

Its looking good.

Thanks again Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Exposure by Asi Wind (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL