The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Exposure by Asi Wind (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Kurtis Chin
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Kurtis Chin
Agree with a few of you above about the teaching in this particular video. Even after years of being in magic, I still consider myself just an advanced beginner to low intermediate card magician, so I still yearn for details with the key sleights. Like all of D&D streaming videos, production value (esthetics) are great, but the explanation department suffers here, especially for a "1 trick" $12 streaming video. Now I'm compelled to seek out more detailed references of the main sleights used in this routine...
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
I would say this is easier accomplished by those who regularly use the faro in their routines (being able to cut at 26 is helpful too). With regards to thumb fan versus pressure fan, I do the former and find that it works just as well as a pressure fan if you apply some moderate downward force. Please feel free to delete this comment if it is considered exposure.
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of SociallyAwkwardPenguin
Quote:
On 2013-12-02 23:18, Kurtis Chin wrote:
Agree with a few of you above about the teaching in this particular video. Even after years of being in magic, I still consider myself just an advanced beginner to low intermediate card magician, so I still yearn for details with the key sleights. Like all of D&D streaming videos, production value (esthetics) are great, but the explanation department suffers here, especially for a "1 trick" $12 streaming video. Now I'm compelled to seek out more detailed references of the main sleights used in this routine...

I bought this, and although I don't have any issue with the moves, they really aren't taught at all. Which is very poor. If I was unaware of the moves, I would be very disappointed.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2374 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I bought this a couple of days ago, and at first I wasnt getting it quite right, but I have now performed this about a dozen times, and the reactions have been over the top. I am a lefty, so I do everything opposite of what was taught. And I agree the teaching could have been better, but hey, I'm happy.

I have changed it up a bit to include more of a mentalism based approach, and not like Asi explains in the video.

It has worked for me, and has that sort of feel like on the David Blaine special, where a card was merely thought of, and then you do everything else. I have also added an added sublety, that has helped reinforce the order of the cards.

If anyone wants to know, send me a PM.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6479 Posts

Profile of RNK
Bought this and I cannot hear any audio. I read that some had trouble hearing with their volume turned all the way up. My volume is all the way up and still hear nothing?

RNK
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1173 Posts

Profile of paperinick
RNK: quick question, are you using a PC or a Mac?
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6479 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-12-03 14:50, paperinick wrote:
RNK: quick question, are you using a PC or a Mac?

PC
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1173 Posts

Profile of paperinick
PMed you.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
jordi_narpati
View Profile
New user
Indonesia
29 Posts

Profile of jordi_narpati
Bought it out yesterday at the sale price. A pretty nice effect I'm a lefty the method is pretty easy yet knacky.
A very nice improvement of the old classic Smile
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1612 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2013-11-30 12:24, Ben Train wrote:
I have a rule about purchasing magic.

If it's Asi Wind you get it.

Done.

Exactly
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Watching the instructional video just brings home what I already knew about the Blaine special. It was full of pre-show and editing.
Official Thread Killer
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
785 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2013-12-03 22:04, Stucky wrote:
Watching the instructional video just brings home what I already knew about the Blaine special. It was full of pre-show and editing.

The Blaine special was great. I hope you're not suggesting they should have included all the card selection procedures for the tricks, as that would have served no purpose except to introduce a lot of dull procedure and make the magic less amazing.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2740 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Oz Perlman has a Triumph DVD. He demonstrated a riffle shuffle with bridge that accomplishes the same thing as the adjustment after the last faro. I don't know where else this is described. It is a little knacky but I prefer it to the methods shown on Double Exposure. Otherwise really cool trick.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4936 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
No, but the assistants setting up the deck would have been nice Smile
James

Quote:
On 2013-12-03 22:24, Joe Roberts wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-03 22:04, Stucky wrote:

The Blaine special was great. I hope you're not suggesting they should have included all the card selection procedures for the tricks, as that would have served no purpose except to introduce a lot of dull procedure and make the magic less amazing.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
192 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Great effect, great production, great idea totally ruined by poor instruction? DR
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1908 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Ill work on this for those casual situations. And I wont be practicing/using this with my Monarchs
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1908 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
For those who do this, do faros need to be perfect?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1908 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Also, sometimes the wrong card peeks out on the final spread, or one or two extra cards along with the selection. Why is this happening? Its ok during practice (when I know the card Im using) but in performance this would be a big problem.

Thinking I should have knowledge of selection just to make sure Im correct in reveal
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:

So because it's a TV special it's ok to omit a shuffling sequence but it's ok to make a real audience sit through it? Smile
Official Thread Killer
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1389 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Xcath1, the shuffle you refer to is 'Shufflesque', which can be found in the book AH-HA, by David Harkey and Eric Anderson. Great full-deck, in-the-hands riffle shuffle and bridge. And a great idea to use for this trick.
It's all in the reflexes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Exposure by Asi Wind (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL