The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Exposure by Asi Wind (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Aelumag
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Aelumag
Hello,

I have been struggling for a few months now with this routine and I got it down but just "sometimes". What I mean is that my fan is not an exact science. Sometimes I get it sometimes I don't but it seems it's up to the cards if they want to give me good fan or not. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I would like to find out. I must say I do a normal p******e fan perfectly, but with the cards i********d it's just impossible, it's like a completely different sleight. When I do it right it's about luck I guess. And I'm not a beginner either. So if you have any ideas about what I'm doing wrong, please advise.

Thank you in advance.
Schism
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Schism
I have a horrible pressure fan, but I found that doing a normal thumb fan works great. Not sure if you tried it but it is worth a go.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
If you don't already, bevelntye cards prior to the fan. At any rate great trick.
Aelumag
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Aelumag
Thanks for the replies.

Doing a normal thumb fan is just the same for me: I do it perfectly in normal conditions, but with the i*******d cards it's like a completely different sleight. I just don't understand how it can work 100% (or doesn't it?) Cause I get right once in a while, but I don't want to have to move 3-4 cards in place when performing for a live audience. Is that the best it can get? I thought it can be just like Asi's but the very mechanics of it give me the impression that everything is a chaos and practice does not improve anything. Do you do it differently? Can you show a video of yours? My e-mail is radu.gamulea@gmail.com

Thanks
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
It works 100%. I've helped some others fix problems with this, and used to have a video about it, but couldn't find it, so I just took 6 min and slapped together a quick 5-6 min reshoot. PM me with proof you purchased the effect and I'll send the link to you for that video on youtube. Smile
Aelumag
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Aelumag
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I am facing an error. It says the image is larger, though it isn't. It's 56kb and the limit is 75k. Please give me your e-mail so I can send it.

Thanks.
robdp
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of robdp
Does anyone have any tips on the P******e fan for a leftyy??

The pips don't show properly and I'm having trouble getting the fan to look smooth at all... Just bought the DVD a few days ago.

Any help would be appreciated!!
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2616 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Practice. I couldn't do a pressure fan before I learned this one and I just sat there and tried it over and over until it worked. I do find that brand new decks are more difficult to learn with, though, because they're so slick they shoot out of the hands.

Unless you're using a left-handed deck, or a deck with pips in all corners, I think you'll have to do the fan itself in the left hand so that the pips can show.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
cpzwart
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of cpzwart
I'm a lefty and had concerns about purchasing this trick before reading the posts on this thread. A thumb fan works just fine for me. However, WitchDocChris said it best: Practice. I typically just zone out watching tv while working on the mechanics (especially the more knacky parts of this trick) until I'm comfortable with them.

For me, this is becoming one of my favorite impromptu effects!
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2017 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
I usually force the card incase my fan goes horribly wrong and I can at least correct it.
Trentonmatthew
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Trentonmatthew
I have had great success with this wonderful trick, but once in a while more cards show up then the selection, I have tried to use a force as stated above, but are there any other ideas out there?
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2713 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
If you mean an extra card is visible, I just reach up and adjust the fan to cover the wrong card that is showing
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1642 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On May 4, 2018, Xcath1 wrote:
If you mean an extra card is visible, I just reach up and adjust the fan to cover the wrong card that is showing

Don't waste your time - he's just a 50 poster - been posting pretend stuff to spam himself to the big five O
trilam
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
65 Posts

Profile of trilam
I just need to say here that this is my new favourite effect. Borrowed deck, borrowed phone, absolutely stunned spectator .Every time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Double Exposure by Asi Wind (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL