We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Hein's "Catch Up" (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Lots of nice words about this routine, but no clue as to where it can be purchased.

Anyone have info on where this is available?

Thanks.

Jim
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi J-Mac
You can buy it direct from Karl Hein. Here is a link to his web site.

www.karlhein.com/product/hein-s-catch-up

Hope this helps.

All the best

Michael
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jan 29, 2015, Michael J wrote:
Hi J-Mac
You can buy it direct from Karl Hein. Here is a link to his web site.

www.karlhein.com/product/hein-s-catch-up

Hope this helps.

All the best

Michael

Thanks Michael. I know that Penguin has it but I prefer to purchase directly from creators when possible.

Thanks again.

Jim
Doc Eason
View Profile
V.I.P.
Aspen Colorado
428 Posts

Profile of Doc Eason
For the record.. I LOVE Karl Hein's version of this trick. and if I had not been doing my routine for 38 years.. I would probably adopt some of this routine.. it is brilliant. But it is not a
'drop in' piece, there is some work to be done... mine is a bit easier... all that said.. I am an unabashed fan of Karl and his work.. Brilliant thinking behind all his stuff. Did I mention I am a fan... ?
Doc Eason’s Rocky Mountain Magic

PO Box 50 / Basalt CO 81621

doc@doceason.com

http://doceason.com

http://doceasonmagicshop.com
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Can anyone comment on the routine with a half dollar set? I know Hein uses a dollar sized set. Easier? Harder? The same?

Thanks guys
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, ixnay66 wrote:
Can anyone comment on the routine with a half dollar set? I know Hein uses a dollar sized set. Easier? Harder? The same?

Thanks guys

The difficulty is about the same, however due to the nature of the routine, it looks much better with dollar sized coins.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5318 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I think it depends on how close you are. Dollar coins might be more visible for larger groups, but half dollars look just fine for true close-up work. Also, regardless of the audience size and conditions, you should always use the proper size coins that match your hands. Practice with that size coins and then perform with that size also as much as possible!

Jim
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
Thanks for all the interest in Hein's Catch Up. In regards to the size of the coins - it depends on two factors. 1) How big your hands are and 2) How close you are to your audience. I have performed the routine with quarter size sets with a lot of success when I go out with friends. However, since I have larger hands and often perform for larger crowds when strolling at events I do prefer the Dollar Size Coins. However, a half dollar set will work just fine for many magicians.

If you are looking for a dollar sized sets, I have several made from Eisenhower dollars and will have some that are made from Morgan dollars soon. They are very good quality, a little cheaper than most dollar CSB sets and I can get them to you quicker than most custom coin guys. Please contact me through the contact form on my website www.karlhein.com email me at karlheinmagic@gmail.com for more information. I don't list them on my site as supply comes and goes.

I'll do my best to check back here to answer any other questions but it seems like most responses in this thread to questions have been pretty accurate.

Sincerely,
Karl Hein
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
514 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
If any were considering Karl's CSB sets mentioned on the post above, you really should purchase them! I ordered an Ike and a Morgan set, and they are superb quality and price! If anyone would like to see my sets I can email photos to stephonicus@gmail.com.
The fit of the insert is invisible, and handle smoothly! A big THANKS to Karl for supplying these!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
bicycle66
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
With whats going on in the world I've got some free time on my hands and since I can't get a delux cerbrus coin set I decided to re-examine my csb stuff going through my sock drawer I came across this dvd and ultimate csb anyways very long story short I watched the infomercial on Karl's dvd before I re watched the dvd I wanted to see what I was in for....my question not a magical one but other the "song" being played does anybody know what it is. Thanks for any help.
griz326
View Profile
New user
Eureka, Montana
90 Posts

Profile of griz326
I've been studying Hein's Catch Up for two weeks or so. Aside from being a great routine that eliminates all of my objections to "the standard" routine it is a masterpiece of misdirection and audience management.

Watching the video reminded me of those routines that I had done well for months but then one day became magic.

Even the better-than-average bear won't be performance-ready with this routine for a long time. That said, the routine really elevates CSB trick to magic.
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
514 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
The first time I watched the entire DVD, I was a bit intimidating by the scope of everything to manage angles, both hands, and a lot going on!
But, as with any HUGE MEAL, it is best consumed in several smaller snacks.
I did the following, and I recommend the same if you like the routine, but you shy away for this reason.
Just practice & perform the beginning portion:
Produce Silver Dollar #1
Produce Silver Dollar #2...it visually changes to Chinese
Produce Silver Dollar #3...it visually change to Copper
Do the 3-Fly with the 3 completely different coins.
Ending with handing out the 3 Coins to look over.

It CAN play on its own until it becomes 2nd nature. THEN you can incorporate next phase.
So, you can enjoy using this portion of the routine, while you perfect the more complex remaining phases.
Even the Coin on Shoulder and elbow are “optional”. Karl says he doesn’t do this phase every time. It is only for the right spectator and situation.

If you own the DVD, give that a try. (It helped me to take that strategy) You will be hooked and you WILL be motivated to pickup the other phases following this phase.
If you have been on the fence buying it, I hope this nudged you to take the plunge! Enjoy it!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Hein's "Catch Up" (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL