The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Most options: t***k or s***t card? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Which simple gaff card has the most options/benefits between a th**k and sh**t card? And what might be good resources for effects, routines and thinking about these?
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Hi Terrible Wizard,

I am not sure in what your first question is asking. Are you asking what simple gaffs use that principle? The Svengali is a simple gaff that uses the sh**t card.

As for routines and ideas using this principle, there is a whole DVD devoted to explaining them at Penguin: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1495

I hope this helped,

Zack Johnston

:bluebikes:
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Sorry, zack, I wasn't clear. I was thinking in terms of just using a single gaff card in an otherwise normal deck, rather than a Svengali set-up. I understand, and have used, both as locator/key/force cards, but I was wondering if they could go beyond those applications into areas I was unaware of.

Hope that makes more sense. Thanks for the link Smile
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
You are welcome. Smile

The short card can be used in the substitute of a crimped card as well…You can control a slug of cards, or use it for false table shuffles.

Dai Vernon had some work with a short card in Chapter 23 of Vernons Ultimate Secrets as well…

I hope this helps,

Zack Johnston Smile

:bluebikes:
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-11-30 13:58, Terrible Wizard wrote:
Sorry, zack, I wasn't clear. I was thinking in terms of just using a single gaff card in an otherwise normal deck, rather than a Svengali set-up. I understand, and have used, both as locator/key/force cards, but I was wondering if they could go beyond those applications into areas I was unaware of.

Hope that makes more sense. Thanks for the link Smile

If you can find it, there is a booklet called The Routine Supreme by Tony Kardyro that is really cool and uses the "T". It was published by Jim Swoger so you might want to PM Jay Leslie and ask him if he has any of these as Jay is the owner of all of Jim's products. Another great resource who might have this booklet is Denny Haney (Denny and Lee Magic Studio).

Both gaffs accomplish the same thing but there are pros and cons to each, but it's kind of hard to talk about those in an open forum.

Best,
Vlad

PS: The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks has a whole chapter devoted to "S" cards, and, here's another thought, why not use an impromptu c***p?
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
A th**k card gives you perfect double and triple lifts without any get ready what so ever. (strike DL)

I got the tip from a dvd with Roger Curzon and have been using it ever since.

(I know, you should be able to do a DL without help and I actually do - usually the strike one, but in some effects I have the card in the deck (usually a joker) and it doubles as a locator card wich to me is an added bonus).

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Now that's an interesting application I'd never considered before. Thanks, Mikeal.

Ah, yes vlad - how much can be discussed here?

On a side note, can th**k cards be bought ready made, my own efforts aren't always as good as I'd like?
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Addition:

So I've been playing with my quick home made gaff cards and in my experimenting I think I'm leaning more towards the th**k card for utility.

Is Thick Schtick available as a legitimate PDF download anywhere, or can it only begot as a hard copy?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Most options: t***k or s***t card? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL