The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Mentalist Toolbox (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Just approved and now in the App Store !!!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Don't see it anywhere....link?
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Wow .. Apple must have a backlog of entries .. probably catching up over the holidays.
Usually once they approve it .. it goes into the store within minutes. This time it took many hours.

I just received notice that it is in the store now .. probably will take time for the indexing to catch up.
The app name is "MentalistToolbox" .. no spaces.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Do you have any video demos please?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Here is a brief demo I put up ... will be making a full demo soon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFnGVyekQck&feature=youtu.be

This shows 2 devices interacting .. one is the transmitter and one is the receiver.
The receiver is usually the iphone because it has a vibrator in it.

You have complete control over the transmitter from the receiver.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thanks! Where does one get that 5 button key fob remote? It looks like the PM receiver...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
The key-fobs are available online.

I think the outer casing is the same but the innards are different.

just starting to play with this and see what I can do with it in terms of performances.

steve
Manolo Talman
View Profile
New user
Madrid - Spain
17 Posts

Profile of Manolo Talman
Some questions...
can be done with spectator's phone?
spectator must have any app or its done on a web or something similar?
the phones must be paired with bluetooth or can operate over internet?

Thanks!
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Hi Manolo ... you need 2 idevices of your own with the app running on both of them. It works via wifi, Bluetooth 4.0 (iphone 4s, 5, 5+) or the hotspot that is in the iphone. The iphone is usually used as the receiver because you can get vibrations as well as sounds if you are using a covert earpiece such as the Phonak Invisity.

It was made so that it doesn't work with other people's phones and the internet.

What a great way to use that spare 4s phone and your updated 5 phone.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
So many ideas for this...I have a spare iPhone 4, but not 4s...been searching everywhere for a 4s, just for this effect. Sometimes you can get lucky with friends upgrading, and offer them whatever the trade in value is.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

DynaMix, you can use the latest generation ipod too ... I think they now make a 16g version ... and can get one cheap off of ebay. I haven't tried it but I think the 4 should work using wifi or the cellular hotspot connection on the iphone 5+ or ipad with cellular. I recently updated the app before submission to Apple to run on IOS 7.0.4. You can give it a try with the iphone 4 ... once the app is purchased from the Apple Store I think you can put it on all your devices.

Connecting via Bluetooth does require BLE 4.0 (which is iPhone 4S and above).

To get the app to run on regular Bluetooth requires something like a $20,000+ fee to Apple.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I've used it with an iPhone 4 and an iPad.
Over wifi it works great.
I have a spare iPhone 3 that I'll be trying it on later today.

I will eventually catch up to the rest of the world and get a newer phone but for now it works just fine.

Steve
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Aren't you concerned Stephen about being somewhere without wifi?
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

DynaMix, even if you didn't want to use the wifi hotspot connection on the iphone or don't have a wifi connection .. you can always use this small personal wifi server by Sony that fits in your pocket or case. I tested the app out on this and it works great .. creates it's own wifi server that both devices can connect to ... also chargeable via USB port and has a SD card input.

http://store.sony.com/portable-wireless-......s-Tablet

They also have a newer version ... can probably pick it off from ebay at a good price.

No internet connection needed.

BTW, I'm going to submit an app that just has the rvThumper module alone. You can then use the keyfob to send 1..5 vibrations to the iPhone.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Thanks Steve, I really do appreciate all of the suggestions. At this point though I'd prefer not to have three devices on me - I'm just trying to figure out the best way to use this in the most situations as possible...

Question for you - I just got a pebble smart watch. What if that is the second Bluetooth connected device?

Obviously we'd miss out on a lot of functionality - but I know you mentioned certain functions were highly customizable... Could we somehow code certain selections (like the rows of pics) to the watch?

Sorry for all of the questions and thanks for being so patient.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

DynaMix ... interesting idea about the Pebble watch. Will think about it and look into it more.
I have the Pebble SDK and a watch available. I have done a little programming with notifications ... the latest
SDK 2.0 does now allow 2-way communication between the watch and the iphone.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
What about the watch only receiving? Let's say you have the row of pics up and they select one. Could text appear on your watch indicating the pic selected?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
In answer to the question about wifi from DynaMix.

If there was no wifi then I wouldn't do this effect. I've plenty of others I can use.

I wasn't aware of these mini wifi servers. I'll look into that.
maybe it could just sit in the bottom of a case, shoulder-bag, coat pocket whatever, depending on range.
probably not necessary to carry it on your person.

Steve
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I've also ordered a Pebble.
I know there is an app that will allow the Pebble to see whatever the iPhone camera is seeing.
If there was an app that let the pebble see whatever the iPhone screen was showing that would be really nice.

steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Mentalist Toolbox (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL