The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Mentalist Toolbox (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1011 Posts

Profile of rasp
I have a Pebble. I also have the app that Steve refers too...... Yes you can see what the iPhone camera is seeing, and also use the watch to trigger the camera, however the resolution on the watch screen is not high enough and the frame rate is too slow to make things out clearly. I doubt very much it would be any good to show what is on the iPhone screen.

Ian.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Starting to put up a lot of tutorials about the Mentalist Toolbox up. Just so many hours in the day!
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
New LIVE demo of the Mentalist Toolbox -- General Overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lnPaYxp6j0
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1116 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
If anyone is using this app, please PM me. Would love to talk routines and ideas, so far the limitations of this app make performing with it live rather difficult. I'm sure most agree that you want the spectator to have no idea there is a second device in play, and none of the instructions or videos give any idea of how that's possible.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1116 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Anybody ever make use of this in any real world setting?

Steve - any possibility we could even just output the titles of selected photos to a pebble?
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I would never buy an app that this guy puts out. At least not after the book test app fiasco.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1116 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Yeah it was a major major mistake. No support and a complete lack of care to answer basic questions or think through any practical applications of his own app.

Just terrible.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2013, DynaMix wrote:
So many ideas for this...I have a spare iPhone 4, but not 4s...been searching everywhere for a 4s, just for this effect. Sometimes you can get lucky with friends upgrading, and offer them whatever the trade in value is.


Interesting ...
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2013, DynaMix wrote:
Thanks Steve, I really do appreciate all of the suggestions. At this point though I'd prefer not to have three devices on me - I'm just trying to figure out the best way to use this in the most situations as possible...

Question for you - I just got a pebble smart watch. What if that is the second Bluetooth connected device?

Obviously we'd miss out on a lot of functionality - but I know you mentioned certain functions were highly customizable... Could we somehow code certain selections (like the rows of pics) to the watch?

Sorry for all of the questions and thanks for being so patient.


Interesting ...
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, Sean Giles wrote:
I would never buy an app that this guy puts out. At least not after the book test app fiasco.


Interesting Sean .. I don't know of any fiasco with UBT. I guess you are just angry because you didn't get in on the sale price of the app.
Did you know that I sold 11 of the UBT's at $1100.00 US previously ... so the amount YOU paid was a real deal that you got.

UBT was such a success that a major company purchased ALL the rights to UBT.

One of the people that purchased the $1100.00 version was an expert of book tests and had over 1000 different book tests. He told me on the phone about a year
before he died that UBT was the only book test that met 4/5 criteria for a perfect book test -- 5/5 would mean that you are a true psychic. He used UBT at a
lecture he would teach agents in Washington the art of deception.

Here is the UBT tread in case anybody is interested:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
I noticed you posted in the thread quite a few times Sean (as seen below):
"Steve,

Is black background and white text possible as an option. It gives off very little light that way but is still clearly readable. It's how I read in bed without annoying my girlfriend Smile. Also is this going to be available in the UK app store?

all the best,
Sean"


"Thanks Steve. I'm looking forward to this one Smile"

"Well done Steve. When does the sale end?

best
Sean"

"Received my books today from Amazon with everything matching up. The most I paid per book was £2.79 inc post and there are still loads of copies of the correct ISBNs available.

On the subject of future books, it might be nice to have a small pocket version of a book included on the list. Something that can easily slip into the back pocket.

Cheers Steve Smile"

"A book of poems would have some nice imagery. The problem is finding something in the public domain with lots of copies available. Maybe Shakespeare's Sonnets Smile"

"There is a difficulty in using the 'Look Inside' feature on Amazon to match the text, Steve. It doesn't show the version of the book you will be receiving. I've put the links below for the 3 books I have received that are correct. It's the UK store so I don't know if it's any use or not...

Animal Farm (Signet Classics) [Mass Market Paperback]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0451526341/

The War of the Worlds [Mass Market Paperback]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0812505158/

Dracula (Signet Classics) [Mass Market Paperback]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0451530667/

best
Sean"

"I think that's a great idea Steve. I've seen a lot of apps that do this and I'm sure that's the way to go.

best
Sean"

"Is this on sale or something? I paid £59.99 3-4 weeks ago and now it's only £20.99! I thought it was going up in price, not down!

Apparently it's only $30 in the US app store now. I have to say this is very disappointing."

"Good for you. Most of us paid 4 times that amount and even that was supposed to be a discount for early purchasers. Think yourself lucky.

Best,
Sean"

Have a great day!
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1116 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Did you ever finish the instruction vids Steve?

Have you come up with a way for both apps to run in the background without quitting. For the 2 toolboxes to stay connected, as I PMed earlier about?

Do you actually use this on anyone?
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2014, DynaMix wrote:
Did you ever finish the instruction vids Steve?

Have you come up with a way for both apps to run in the background without quitting. For the 2 toolboxes to stay connected, as I PMed earlier about?

Do you actually use this on anyone?


Sorry, I don't plan on doing any more videos or anymore updates with this app .. I think what is up there on the site gives the basic idea of how to use the app.
This is a utility program/toolbox.

I use my online version now for drawing duplications using the spectator's own screen (I do not sell this -- but have given access to a few friends that use it all the time).

Background processing of the Mentalist Toolbox is not possible based on the way the iphone/ipod/ipad system works with wifi and bluetooth.

I use the Mentalist Toolbox with the keyfob mainly .. as a sophisticated thumper.

I will not put any processing for any of the watches in the app .. screen is too small. I might do this when the Apple watch comes out.

I use my youtube prediction program with the spectators screen to force videos on a spectator's screen ... again, using the red remote to punch in the video to be forced.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2014, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2014, Sean Giles wrote:
I would never buy an app that this guy puts out. At least not after the book test app fiasco.


Interesting Sean .. I don't know of any fiasco with UBT. I guess you are just angry because you didn't get in on the sale price of the app.
Did you know that I sold 11 of the UBT's at $1100.00 US previously ... so the amount YOU paid was a real deal that you got.

UBT was such a success that a major company purchased ALL the rights to UBT.

One of the people that purchased the $1100.00 version was an expert of book tests and had over 1000 different book tests. He told me on the phone about a year
before he died that UBT was the only book test that met 4/5 criteria for a perfect book test -- 5/5 would mean that you are a true psychic. He used UBT at a
lecture he would teach agents in Washington the art of deception.

Here is the UBT tread in case anybody is interested:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
I noticed you posted in the thread quite a few times Sean (as seen below):
"Steve,

Is black background and white text possible as an option. It gives off very little light that way but is still clearly readable. It's how I read in bed without annoying my girlfriend Smile. Also is this going to be available in the UK app store?

all the best,
Sean"


"Thanks Steve. I'm looking forward to this one Smile"

"Well done Steve. When does the sale end?

best
Sean"

"Received my books today from Amazon with everything matching up. The most I paid per book was £2.79 inc post and there are still loads of copies of the correct ISBNs available.

On the subject of future books, it might be nice to have a small pocket version of a book included on the list. Something that can easily slip into the back pocket.

Cheers Steve Smile"

"A book of poems would have some nice imagery. The problem is finding something in the public domain with lots of copies available. Maybe Shakespeare's Sonnets Smile"

"There is a difficulty in using the 'Look Inside' feature on Amazon to match the text, Steve. It doesn't show the version of the book you will be receiving. I've put the links below for the 3 books I have received that are correct. It's the UK store so I don't know if it's any use or not...

Animal Farm (Signet Classics) [Mass Market Paperback]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0451526341/

The War of the Worlds [Mass Market Paperback]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0812505158/

Dracula (Signet Classics) [Mass Market Paperback]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0451530667/

best
Sean"

"I think that's a great idea Steve. I've seen a lot of apps that do this and I'm sure that's the way to go.

best
Sean"

"Is this on sale or something? I paid £59.99 3-4 weeks ago and now it's only £20.99! I thought it was going up in price, not down!

Apparently it's only $30 in the US app store now. I have to say this is very disappointing."

"Good for you. Most of us paid 4 times that amount and even that was supposed to be a discount for early purchasers. Think yourself lucky.

Best,
Sean"

Have a great day!

I wasn't disappointed because I didn't get 'in' on the sale price. I'll tell why I was disappointed. Originally you came on the Café and told us about this wonderful app that was going to be sold for $350 but if we supported you by pre-ordering, we would get a huge discount and you would sell it to us for $80. I was one of those you fooled because 3 weeks later it was NEVER sold at $350 but was reduced to $20! Now you can charge what you want for your own product but don't dupe us into thinking we are saving money when it's those that DIDN'T pre-order that saved the money. Bad business practice, however you dress it up.
Then on top of that you sold the app to Theory 11 so no one gets to use it anymore. Only in the magic community can you get away with such bad business practice. If I ran my business that way I wouldn't have any customers left.

have a nice day Smile
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Hi Sean,

If I put the app up to $350 Apple would have taken the app down. Based on my experience everything over $99 sets a red flag for them.

Apple called me DIRECTLY on the phone regarding one of my apps submitted and recommended that in order to get the app on the store I had to reduce my
price of $1700.00 to under $100.00.

I reduced my software price for the rvPhotoCube from $99 to $0.99 ... however the hardware now costs a lot more.

Today UBT is PRICELESS .. you can't buy it from me. Sorry you feel hurt and fooled .. that wasn't my intent.

Have a great day!
SupaHEEro
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of SupaHEEro
Seriously?? No more update? I have bought the app recently, no problem with the function but it doesn't fill the full screen on my iPad ?! Basically an iPhone app on iPad. And using pebble as the receiver would be good.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2014, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:

If I put the app up to $350 Apple would have taken the app down. Based on my experience everything over $99 sets a red flag for them.


So was you lying when you said the app would be $350? because that's what you said when you wanted to generate some pre-sale funds at $80 a pop.

How about you support those who supported you and pre-ordered. Give us back the $60 extra that you charged us.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Sean, whatever ...
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1562 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
I'm working on outputting realtime photos to the iWatch .. that way a 2nd device will not be needed.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2459 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Hi...

Can't see the video demo ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lnPaYxp6j0

Plz help :-(
Long Island,

New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Mentalist Toolbox (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL