The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Arthur & Leslie Stead's Birthday Finale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Today I received the CD to Arthur & Leslie Stead's Birthday Finale. Good news, it's a hit! It does explains a trick to perform in the package. I will have to admit the trick is not as amazing as the chair suspension or the appearance of a rabbit. The finale comes by the way the magic closes and blends into the next theme after the show. The music goes well keeping everything on track and adjusted. It is nothing like heavy beats, because that type of music be too loud over the talking. The music has a creative theme for what's about to happen next. His idea is so great, I wonder why I never thought of it.

I always close my shows with a few last sentences. But with "Birthday Finale" it closes in more of a professional, amazing and fun manner. I can see the mother appreciating this ending too. It can help take a load off her shoulder because you are showing you have more control for ending your show than an average magician.

The timing is a few minutes. It can help you kill a little time. It will help keep the rowdy or anxious crowds from messing with your props when your show is over. When a show ends, the fun usually ends too. But with Arthur & Leslie's method, the fun still has not stopped when your show ends.

The music is designed for birthday parties only. But if you have any of Arthur's other royal free music CDs, your shows can be ended going to a different theme connecting with other type of parties.

For those who can not afford an expensive PA system, just use a CD player with portable speakers attached.

There can be a choice of different gifts you can interact with the mother about before the day of the party. If it is a larger gift package she prefers, you might want to charge her additional for the package, putting more in your pocket.

Some mothers might want the child to open packages up instead after your show. Guess what? Birthday Finale will lead the kids that way too.

I do not know if the mothers are going to thank you more for controlling the kids from being wild after your show, or for how well you connect with the next theme in an entertaining manner.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1821 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Hey Mike,

Thanks for that great review! "Birthday Finale" has served us very well over the years, and it accomplishes all the things you mentioned in your post. It's perfect for folks who don't have a chair suspension or other big illusion to close their shows ... or performers who just want to change things up for repeat shows, etc. And even though the magic trick is just a lowly thumb tip and rainbow streamer, it plays much bigger because of the music and the way the routine is structured. The way it comes across is really magical! We always get lots of "oohs" and "aahs" at the climax. Everyone loves the endearing moment when the birthday child gets their gift from you, the magician. And birthday moms really appreciate the built-in "thank you", plus the fact that you lead the kids into the next theme of the party.

- Arthur & Leslie Stead
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
767 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Sounds great, is there a video?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
If you mean a video demo of the presentation. The answer is no. But one is not needed anyway, I purchased it. It is great. I would recommend this to anyone.

If you mean is there a video included in the package, the answer is also no. It comes with a cd with several tracks. Half of the tracks plays the music with practice words. The other tracks are music only. It comes with paper instructions too.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Dynamike, not that I don't trust your review...actually I do. But regardles how cheap it is, I need to know at least a little bit about what it is. I have a pretty good finale that I use for my birthday shows, but I like to keep my eyes out for new idea's. Why can't there be a description for this?
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Danny, this is the description on our website. Other than sending you the script and the music for free (which ain't gonna happen), we don't know how much clearer we could make it ...

Birthday Finale Interactive Routine

THE perfect Birthday Party Closer! A fun routine to magically end your show and then get the party started with this upbeat, original interactive music score.

This magical and musical finale is the icing on the cake! End your show on a high note while you smoothly transition the party on to the next phase … the ice cream, cake and presents.

Here’s what happens:
The birthday child receives a gift
The party planner is acknowledged
The kids participate in a magic trick
You lead the guests in an upbeat dance version of Happy Birthday!

This routine gets everyone smiling and up on their feet, dancing and singing Happy Birthday. Great fun for the birthday child and all the party guests.

(Requires Thumb Tip and Rainbow Streamer)
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Here is a description of the finale I use and learned from Christopher T. Magician.

4 friends of the birthday child are selected to help create a magic birthday present. Each child gets a headless cartoon silk magically produced. A very unique force(created by Christopher T. Magician) is used to select one of the headless cartoon silks held by the children. That child, with their headless silk is used as a model as I attempt to draw the birthday child a drawing for their birthday. The drawing doesn't look all that great so I ask all the children to sing happy birthday while waving their fingers at the drawing. Magically the drawing comes to life in the form of a stuffed animal, leaving the page that had the drawing now blank. The birthday child gets to keep the stuffed animal magically produced from the drawing.

The routine fits great with my personality, but I am always open to new idea's. However, I think I may already have the perfect finale to my birthday shows. I was interrested in knowing more about yours so I could make a personal decision on possibly adapting something new. However, I think I will stick with what I have.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I do love your music though. I have 2 of your CD's
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just want to make sure there is no misunderstanding. If anyone is thinking the streamer and TT is the finale, incorrect. It is only part of the closer leading to the finale. The additional effect after your finale magic trick makes a great ending. Most of us close our show with a grand finale trick. Now imagine a nice warm closer with music included, plus a birthday gift, a quick trick, and 100% of the kids participation.

I might change the trick being used in the closer to something different. But the ideas of how the show is closing and what it leads to is where the finale is. It can even put tears in the somebody eyes.

Below is an example of a warm closed show:
Imagine someone using chair suspension to close their show as the grand finale trick. Don't picture the show over yet. Imagine music being played to a family song. Imagine you put a blindfold over the birthday child. Imagine his father just arrived from overseas, but the child does not know it. Imagine you tell the child to take off the blindfold. Imagine how the child will feel seeing his father again from over a year. Remember what I described above is not the effect on Arthur's and Leslie's finale. If it was, of course it would be wrong for them to put it on video review because some magicians will copy the closer without purchasing the CD and instructions. Arthur's and Leslie's closer is different leaving warm feelings and interactions for the whole crowd.

If Arthur's closer dealt with a new and special gimmick to a new effect, well then that will be different and ready to preview on video. Forget the videos, read the reviews.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Are you comparing Arthur's birthday finale to the warm closed show example you gave? Are you saying you can get the same kind of reactions? You have my attention. Smile

I get great reactions with the finale I use. The parents are moved by listening to all the children sing happy birthday using their quiet voices, and the magical appearance of the stuffed toy blows everyone away. I get calls from parents whose child seen my show at their friends birthday party, and they specifically request I do that finale for their child.

But not as great as the example you gave. That would be awesome.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24100 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The example I posted was only an example I made up. The routine is not the same as Arthur & Leslie Stead's Birthday Finale.

The following magicians should be interested in the purchase:

1. Those who end with a great magic trick as the finale, but will be interested in extending his/her show adding some warmth.
2. Those who do repeat shows and are willing to end differently.
3. The ones who like the challenge of creativity.
4. Those who are willing to invest $20 plus $5 for shipping and handling on an awesome finale.

I will not recommend the purchase to the following magicians:

1. Whoever have a good warm closing finale, refusing to change it.
2. Those who are totally against music.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Hey Mike, thanks again for your clear description. Can't understand why this seems to be such a hard sell. It's a great "warm and fuzzy" routine ... plus it's very magical! Folks who are using this (including myself) are delighted with the results.

As an afterthought, I know we've probably all been in the awkward situation where you end your show, and some of the kids just sit there, not knowing what to do next, watching while you start packing up your gear. Or sometimes there are one or two young "fans" who just won't leave you alone while you're trying to get out of there. "Birthday Finale" solves that problem, by leading the whole group on to the next phase of the party, leaving you free to pack up undisturbed, collect your check, and move on to the next gig.
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1960 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Arthur - I recently had the opportunity to read a bit more about your background and experience. Now it makes much more sense to me why you are so successful at developing music for magic. I appreciate you making yourself available on TMC. Are you currently performing lectures?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Thanks for the kind words,charliecheckers. My last lecture this year was at Magic in the Rockies:

http://www.magicintherockies.org/portfolio/arthur-stead/

Nothing scheduled yet for 2014 ... but let your convention magic organizers know about me, and we'll see what happens!
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
There is a nice six page article in The Voice of FCM May/June 2010 about Arthur.

Great lecturer and produces good products. Hope to see you again at the FCM international, now in Nashville.
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Thanks for your kind comments, Chris. For anyone who wants to take the time, there is a longer article about me here in an Axtell newsletter from a few years ago (please note: phone number has changed since we relocated to the Pacific Northwest):

http://www.axtell.com/arthursteadstory.html
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1960 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 14:33, arthur stead wrote:
Thanks for your kind comments, Chris. For anyone who wants to take the time, there is a longer article about me here in an Axtell newsletter from a few years ago (please note: phone number has changed since we relocated to the Pacific Northwest):

http://www.axtell.com/arthursteadstory.html
That is the article I read.

TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I like a warm ending that puts the focus on the birthday child and transitions to the rest of the party, and that is what I strive for. I purchased this routine and found it did not suit me. It was not just that I dislike music. I felt that the magic content was not strong enough. I can see how some could make it work, but it is not something that everyone could slot into their show and have success with.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
So you didn't find it to be the perfect birthday party closer? I was curious about it since two people have gone extremely far to hype it without much detail. I was never looking for a free script, just more of a clearer description so I could make an informed decision and not one based on hyped advertising and far out endorsements.

Arthur, if you are ever looking for a new car, I have the best vehicle ever invented. It has four wheels and drives great. That's all I can tell you without giving it away to you for free, cause that ain't going to happen. Lol Teasing you, but you started it.
;)
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2119 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 22:36, Dynamike wrote:
I might change the trick being used in the closer to something different. But the ideas of how the show is closing and what it leads to is where the finale is.

That's kinda the question I have: Can you do a different effect as the final trick to the music on the CD? Because a TT and rainbow streamer as a finale sounds WEAK.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
1821 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 23:09, Danny Kazam wrote:
Arthur, if you are ever looking for a new car, I have the best vehicle ever invented. It has four wheels and drives great. That's all I can tell you without giving it away to you for free, cause that ain't going to happen.

LOL, Danny! But to answer you and The Mighty Fool: The essence of "Birthday Finale" is really the heartfelt script combined with the music, which enhances key moments in the routine. With this combination, audiences perceive the TT/streamer effect as much bigger and more magical than it sounds on paper. That said, the answer to your question is: Yes, you can substitute another trick if you want.

Leslie and I developed this because we were tired of lugging around our heavy and bulky suspension/levitation props (which used to be our finale). So we created something which features the birthday child, involves all the kids, acknowledges the mom, makes a memorable ending, and still "packs small/plays big." And sold the heavy props!
Arthur Stead
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Arthur & Leslie Stead's Birthday Finale (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL