The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Arthur & Leslie Stead's Birthday Finale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 19:32, TonyB2009 wrote:
I like a warm ending that puts the focus on the birthday child and transitions to the rest of the party, and that is what I strive for. I purchased this routine and found it did not suit me. It was not just that I dislike music. I felt that the magic content was not strong enough. I can see how some could make it work, but it is not something that everyone could slot into their show and have success with.

Earlier above I mentioned I do not recommend it to magicians who are against using music.

Quote:
On 2013-12-02 21:31, TonyB2009 wrote:
I have never enjoyed magic to music, and much rather straight patter.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=8183411
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1959 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
I think we are fortunate that someone as accomplished as Arthur has a passion for music at magic shows. I have purchased this product, but have been too busy to evaluate it and place it into my shows. I plan on using the coming Holiday time to do just that. If you read the article associated with the link a few posts above, you will see Arthur has a powerful list of previous customers of his music.

Personally, I plan on sharing with my clients who comment on the music, that "the person who composed the music they heard also worked with (and then I will name drop), and I am one of a few magicians who have rights to this music". To me, that is packing small and playing big. Arthur, if you have a problem with this approach, just let us know, and I will not proceed.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2013-12-09 17:50, charliecheckers wrote:
I have purchased this product, but have been too busy to evaluate it and place it into my shows.

I understand, Charlie. I do not have it together yet myself because I am booked with Christmas shows presently. I plan to have it together in January.
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 01:55, The Mighty Fool wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 22:36, Dynamike wrote:
I might change the trick being used in the closer to something different. But the ideas of how the show is closing and what it leads to is where the finale is.

That's kinda the question I have: Can you do a different effect as the final trick to the music on the CD? Because a TT and rainbow streamer as a finale sounds WEAK.

It must me something that can fit with the timing of the music. Maybe something the child can wear like a paper hat or the costume that unfolds from a bag (forgot the name). The reason I am picturing something a child wears is because it will enhance pictures during that phase.
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
I have the birthday party closer and I use a different effect when performing . I do not see it as a magic to music trick but rather a patter magic effect with musical backround and musical enhancment. Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Arthur & Leslie Stead's Birthday Finale (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL