The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Nice when things work out. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
245 Posts

Profile of greerj
Hopefully I won't get flamed, but I am a newbie and feel pretty good about this. I was supposed to work with a student today that didn't want to take or try a standardized test. I wrote down her name on the queen of hearts ahead of time, and then went to meet her. I had shown her experiments before, and as I was talking to her, she said, "I'll do it if you show me a really good trick." I forced the Q of Hearts on her, did not let her look at the face down card, and then asked her what was her favorite card. She replied, "The queen of hearts." I had her flip over her card, she squealed and said that she had to try on the test now. I let her keep the card, and during the test I noticed she kept picking it up and looking at it. A small success.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9638 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Nice magic trick?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18479 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Glad it worked out well for you and your student...
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Perfect. Sometimes you just gotta get their attention.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Its amazing how much magic can change peoples attitudes, I have had people who hate magic suddenly change their minds and actually enjoy magic. I think it really helps when you make it more personal to them.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Hopefully she'll keep the card - it might serve as quite a comforting totem in future exams...
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Nice when things work out. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL