The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Veggie Burger King (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I know there was a thread where veggie burgers were brought up at some point but I can't find it.
I went to our BK and found out that they do still have the veggie burger. It's three bucks at ours. It's not as good as I remember but it's good enough for a quick cheap grab when out and about. Much better can be managed at home.
I'm also quite certain that it's not vegan but for someone who just doesn't want meat but is okay with maybe mayo and whatever they add to the bun it's alright.

In short:
Price: Yay
Taste: Meh
Vegan: Erm...

7/10
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
"I Like Killing Flies"

"Is the national vegetable apparatus more humane than the national beef apparatus? The harvest of those lovely organic vegetables that your wife eats ... it's some beeping brown person gets his skin ripped off his body while he picks it ... dying at 35 instead of 68 because they're malnourished and overworked living in a place [with] disease and vermin and being paid money in a plantation system which always finds a way (just like our government does) to take back almost all the money they give you because if you end up with a lot of money at the end of the growing season you will go back, you would go somewhere else, you would buy a beeping pair of shoes and get a job in the post office."

:)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I'm aware of such arguments, and many others. I've found that I have more stomach acid issues when I eat more meat so I've cut back for that reason. If I have to medicate every time I eat then I'm probably not choosing the best long term eating habits. Don't get me wrong, I'd personally prefer an In N' Out animal style 4x4 with well done fries to any veggie burger any day of the week, but it's seldom worth the pain.
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Yeah, I just happened to watch last week the documentary I linked to above, so his rant was still in my mind and I thought it entertaining enough to share. Smile
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
First rule of eating vegetarian: if they tell you, "hey, it tastes just like meat," run.
There are a ton of ways to prepare vegetables and grains in a delicious way. Trying to make it taste "just like meat" is almost always a losing proposition.
That goes double in a place that serves meat as well.
IMHO of course.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
These veggie burgers don't try to taste like meat. That try to taste like a veggie burger. Those nasty boca burgers try to taste like meat.
~Will Rogers
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
I can't stand their veggie burgers myself. They use morningstar brand burgers but they must use the worst one they make as it taste like none of the morningstar burgers I've ever had. Chili's has an alright one though.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Red Robin's was okay too, but a little dry. I forgot about Chili's black bean burger. You're right about it being good.
~Will Rogers
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Fat burger actually has a good veggie burger.. And without the mayo, I it is vegan.. Instead of mostly soy, it is 20%soy based and 80% vegetables ( based on what they have told me).. Harvey's also has a veggie burger .. Burger king pales in comparison To both of those places.
The BEST BEST BEST veggie burgers that I havr had are 'veggie grill' in LA and 'Boon Burger' in Winnipeg.. But unless you are in the area - perhaps a bit out of the way to just check out a compassionate burger Smile
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I was not aware of that. I love FatBurger.
~Will Rogers
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Many years ago, before veggie patties we ' d go to BK and get a " veggie whopper". Basically a whopper without the meat. It was pretty good.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2013-12-06 21:45, balducci wrote:
"I Like Killing Flies"

"Is the national vegetable apparatus more humane than the national beef apparatus? The harvest of those lovely organic vegetables that your wife eats ... it's some beeping brown person gets his skin ripped off his body while he picks it ... dying at 35 instead of 68 because they're malnourished and overworked living in a place [with] disease and vermin and being paid money in a plantation system which always finds a way (just like our government does) to take back almost all the money they give you because if you end up with a lot of money at the end of the growing season you will go back, you would go somewhere else, you would buy a beeping pair of shoes and get a job in the post office."

:)

Maybe you could find a link about how many beeping brown persons lose hands, feet, and lives butchering America's livestock. The meat industry is not immune to employing non-unionized, disadvantaged minorities.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Contradicting my last post--One of those trendy 50s-style burger joint places opened near me--I'm blanking on the name--Four Guys or something like that? They had a pretty good veggie burger, or what I think was a veggie burger, I couldn't tell under all the mushrooms and onions.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Five Guys...

Four Guys is probably 4/5 the price, though...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
They have now closed one of our Five Guys but opened a Burger Express. Local ma and pa "mini-chain" of three restaurants. Just saw they have Gardenburgers so I'm going to have to try theirs. Also, cooking a frozen veggie burger in coconut oil makes it waaaaay better. I cook the masala burgers from Trader Joe's that way.
~Will Rogers
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
On a related note...if you haven't already, try getting some Seitan (say-tan). Many grocery stores are now carrying it. It's a gluten based protein that looks like bits of shaved beef. Throw some in a frying pan and put some good BBQ sauce on it...it's incredible. Use to make it for my vegan son and wound up liking it myself.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Veggie Burger King (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL