The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Facebook Page engagement (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hady.87
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hady.87
Hey folks
I have a fb page with more than 1200 fan so far and all are real , to be clear I used some paid advertising on fb to get to this number but never went to buy likes !!
what should I post other than pictures of my performances to get my fb page running and always having gd number of talking about ....
I used sometimes to post some optical illusion or funny magic show ...
is there any other ideas ?
www.hadyakiki.com
will turn your mind upside down
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
You have to be willing to take risks with what you post to find out what your audience wants to hear. A great book on social media is called "Crush It!" By Gary Vaynerchuk. I'm also reading his new book "Jab Jab Jab, Right Hook" and it is also very much worth your time (crush it being the first you should read).

What you post will also be directly linked to who you are and what you do. I would also look at other similar performers who are doing well in social media, and figure out why they are getting the interaction as well.

I know most in these boards don't necessarily use social media and understand how it can lead to returns, but it has helped me with a sales for a public show I've hosted, get video views up (which can help SEO), etc. I personally have a lot of work to do to get to the spot I want to with social, but I believe it can be worth the time put in.
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
I suppose all one can do is try many different things and pay attention to your engagement statistics. You should eventually narrow down into what your people want.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I've been saying this about Facebook Fan Pages for a long time...they're a waste of your time because the only way you reach your fans is if you pay for the post. Facebook themselves finally confirmed it: http://adage.com/article/digital/faceboo....../245530/

You have to use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc in other ways. Having Fans, Followers, Friends, etc on social media doesn't translate into leads. There's a better way to do it.
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
I have almost 1000 fans but it had so far little value to me, in fact it is more convenient to me to post magic related news via my personal facebook, my friends are more likely to see it and so far I got more shows from friends on facebook than fans on my page.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1830 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 14:23, Benji Bruce wrote:
I've been saying this about Facebook Fan Pages for a long time...they're a waste of your time because the only way you reach your fans is if you pay for the post. Facebook themselves finally confirmed it: http://adage.com/article/digital/faceboo....../245530/

You have to use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc in other ways. Having Fans, Followers, Friends, etc on social media doesn't translate into leads. There's a better way to do it.

Benji uses "ONLY way you reach your fans is if you pay for the post" pretty liberally here. While it is true more of your fans and other will see you post if you pay for it. It is COMPLETELY FALSE that the ONLY way is to pay for it. A few recent posts of our was seen by people to the count of 781, 869, 932, 1100 & 1,021, 2,799. As a comparison and to be transparent, a recent paid post of ours was seen by 8,308 people.

So yes, far more will see it with a paid post. Just please be careful with the information you see here. Do your own homework and see what works best for YOU. Part of that homework would show you that Benji has 245 likes on his page and 123 followers on his 'personal' page. That doesn't matter to me, but one is not some facebook expert with those numbers.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Quote:
I've been saying this about Facebook Fan Pages for a long time...

There's a better way to do it.

Stay tuned for a new product announcement soon.

Bazinga!
Scott Burton
View Profile
Inner circle
1131 Posts

Profile of Scott Burton
Money can be made on Facebook. I'm no expert but, rather, a spectator. My wife has a business and she has created a page which has grown to almost 11,000 people to date and is the primary selling tool to attain world wide sales nearing 6 figures. It seems to me that you need the right personality/approach to get a dedicated following and also a product/service/business that people are actually interested in. If you are not interesting/engaging/personable, if your business is uninteresting ("magic" is not as interesting to all people as we might think it is - we are biased), AND if your page isn't going to be interesting, then it might not be the right fit for Facebook. I see her using advertising strategically but not all the time. And she has learned to use contests and other tools to help engagement, sharing, and increasing views. The viewing statistics are interesting too (if you put a link in your post, it gets seen by 1/10th the number of people vs. no link - for example). It's very interesting indeed. I wish I had the talent for it. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that this isn't my talent. Publicity has been very effective for me lately. This all being said, she is still building up a newsletter mailing list "just in case" Facebook goes away one day. The newsletter has exclusive perks and such. My point is simply that Facebook can work but the right formula needs to be found. Otherwise, it's a waste of time.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
I think Scott hits on a very key point at the end of his post. Newsletters. They're not sexy, but they are very powerful. My list has been cultivated and I have always seen better results with that than any other means of marketing or advertising (except face to face).

That said, I still think Facebook has its place. Remember the old saying (incorrectly attributed to Willie Sutton): "I rob banks because that's where the money is." People flock to Facebook because that's where the conversations are. And whether online or face to face, personal conversations are how relationships (and sales) are made. So try out many things on Facebook. Learn, fail, and learn from failing. I'm learning from failing every day!

Regards,
Scott
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 18:51, ScottRSullivan wrote:
I think Scott hits on a very key point at the end of his post. Newsletters. They're not sexy, but they are very powerful. My list has been cultivated and I have always seen better results with that than any other means of marketing or advertising (except face to face).

That said, I still think Facebook has its place. Remember the old saying (incorrectly attributed to Willie Sutton): "I rob banks because that's where the money is." People flock to Facebook because that's where the conversations are. And whether online or face to face, personal conversations are how relationships (and sales) are made. So try out many things on Facebook. Learn, fail, and learn from failing. I'm learning from failing every day!

Regards,
Scott

Great thoughts! And definitely agree on email lists, nothing sexy but they're great (if you don't spam people). I finally started implementing an email list the second half of the year. It definitely contributed to my holiday season success.
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 16:36, Bazinga wrote:
Quote:
I've been saying this about Facebook Fan Pages for a long time...

There's a better way to do it.

Stay tuned for a new product announcement soon.

Bazinga!
Now that's funny, but true.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 18:03, Scott Burton wrote:
("magic" is not as interesting to all people as we might think it is - we are biased)

And here I thought I was the only one who realized this! I have a friend who owns a magic store and he got REALLY mad at me once when I said this, and he said it was the stupidest thing I have ever said.

Quote:
On 2013-12-07 18:03, ScottRSullivan wrote:
Newsletters. They're not sexy, but they are very powerful.

Are you referring to digital (emailed) newsletters, or old-school paper-and-snail-mailed newsletters?
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

I think it is true for both. Though I focus primarily on my email list.

Regards,
Scott
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20439 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I must be in the minority. I hate the things and have read very few.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Danny, I know. It sounds weird, but of all the things I've used, newsletters outperform everything else I do (except for face to face, which I mentioned above). As an example, here's the open rate from my last mailing:

Look at it this way: When reading your Facebook or Twitter feed, do you ever go back and read every post? Or even skim every post? Nope. Me neither. I'll read the last couple, but I'll never go back and read them all since the last time I logged in.

But email, I'll at least read every subject heading in my inbox. I might delete the junk without reading the body, but I'll at least read the subject line of every single email.

Regards,
Scott
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 23:03, Dannydoyle wrote:
I must be in the minority. I hate the things and have read very few.

I know this is true for you and I rarely read them myself. Knowing this has influenced the way I write and how often I send them. They don't have to be all spammy like many people make them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Facebook Page engagement (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL