The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Polygraph" by Ben Blau - a card mentalism effect (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Any idea on the price?

Quote:
On 2013-12-10 11:39, Ben Blau wrote:
Also included will be a routine which allows you to walk up to a complete stranger, and ask him or her to think of their star sign and favorite color. You go on to prove you know both, without asking a single question. It uses a related methodology to Polygraph, so it will be on there as a bonus, as well as a few others.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I plan to make it affordable, but there is no set price yet. Since it will be marketed through Patrick, I will need to consult with him.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11625 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 13:17, Ben Blau wrote:
I plan to make it affordable, but there is no set price yet. Since it will be marketed through Patrick, I will need to consult with him.

Ok then! Hurry up!! Smile
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
This is sounding more and more promising Ben. Seriously, hurry up! Smile
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Yet another variation will allow you to ask a spectator to think of a childhood memory that you couldn't possibly know, and associate it with a single image that best exemplifies the experience. As the participant focuses his or her mind on this memory, you are immediately able to prove that you know exactly what they are thinking of with no questions asked.

I know, this doesn't sound related to Polygraph, but it really is!
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
It sounds like a really great effect and great bonuses.

I am sure it will have a big succes!

Quote:
On 2013-12-10 13:17, Ben Blau wrote:
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1248 Posts

Profile of rowland
Love this, great presentation. Something I would def buy.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18333 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm much more interested in the bonus material than the polygraph presentation, personally speaking...so I'd definitely be interested in it when its released if its more open-ended...(polygraph is very well done btw, just not my personal cup of tea)...
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I'll stop teasing bonuses after this one, but please imagine the following:

You make plans with a friend over the telephone. During the conversation, you ask if before you get together, he would go to the drugstore and purchase a brand new deck of cards, which he will leave unopened until you get together. Offer to reimburse the cost if necessary.

A few days later, visit your friend and ask if he got the deck as requested. He does, and brings it out. YOU NEVER TOUCH IT.

Ask him to unwrap the deck, get rid of the jokers and advertising cards, and then to thoroughly mix the cards as much as he likes. He does this. You then turn your back, and ask him to set the cards down on the table. In the interest of time, ask him to cut off a portion of cards (maybe about a third of the deck or so), spread them with the faces toward himself, and merely think of any card he sees. He does this. He is then asked to remix the packet as much as he likes.

You then turn around to face him. Ask him to concentrate on his card, and appear to read his mind in any manner that suits you. Without asking any questions, you are immediately able to take the packet (which you have thus far not even touched) and remove one card, which is unambiguously placed face down on the table. Only then is your friend asked to name the card he merely thought of. He turns over the card on the table. It is a match!

No gimmicks, switches, moves, or anything else. The cards he bought are the only ones in play. You do not touch the cards until the very end to remove the thought-of selection.

This is the most advanced version of the routine, and you need to be an experienced performer to pull it off, but I assure you it plays exactly as described.

Okay, I will stop putting out these spoilers now until the thing comes out. Hopefully in the meantime, this last one will give you something to think about.
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
You are killing us. Yes yes Smile
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 15:51, Ben Blau wrote:
I'll stop teasing bonuses after this one, but please imagine the following:

You make plans with a friend over the telephone. During the conversation, you ask if before you get together, he would go to the drugstore and purchase a brand new deck of cards, which he will leave unopened until you get together. Offer to reimburse the cost if necessary.

A few days later, visit your friend and ask if he got the deck as requested. He does, and brings it out. YOU NEVER TOUCH IT.

Ask him to unwrap the deck, get rid of the jokers and advertising cards, and then to thoroughly mix the cards as much as he likes. He does this. You then turn your back, and ask him to set the cards down on the table. In the interest of time, ask him to cut off a portion of cards (maybe about a third of the deck or so), spread them with the faces toward himself, and merely think of any card he sees. He does this. He is then asked to remix the packet as much as he likes.

You then turn around to face him. Ask him to concentrate on his card, and appear to read his mind in any manner that suits you. Without asking any questions, you are immediately able to take the packet (which you have thus far not even touched) and remove one card, which is unambiguously placed face down on the table. Only then is your friend asked to name the card he merely thought of. He turns over the card on the table. It is a match!

No gimmicks, switches, moves, or anything else. The cards he bought are the only ones in play. You do not touch the cards until the very end to remove the thought-of selection.

This is the most advanced version of the routine, and you need to be an experienced performer to pull it off, but I assure you it plays exactly as described.

Okay, I will stop putting out these spoilers now until the thing comes out. Hopefully in the meantime, this last one will give you something to think about.
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1192 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Ben, that was a great routine and presentation. Is it possible to shorten it a bit to fit performance requirements? Thanks.
Steve
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I think so, but I have a rationale for most of the things you saw in the performance video. I think people might see the pace and performance steps in a new light when they learn the method.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Ok already - show us how to get this Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1192 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I haven't got a clue here. Is it based on a new principle and can it be applied to other effects that we do.
Steve
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 16:24, Dr Spektor wrote:
Ok already - show us how to get this Smile

Me too. Great work Ben. This looks great.

Regards,

Sean
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 16:57, Steve Suss wrote:
I haven't got a clue here. Is it based on a new principle and can it be applied to other effects that we do.
Steve

I'd rather not start a speculation thread about method. I hope you understand.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
But I will say, the applications are far reaching. I'm currently struggling to determine how many variations NOT to include in the package.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5114 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Today I used the "Polygraph" method with a best suitable premise for me to present this little mindreading miracle and it went excellent!

Thanks Ben!

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2821 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
This looks really great! Waiting to hear more.....
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Wow, I wish you had a video!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Polygraph" by Ben Blau - a card mentalism effect (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL