The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Polygraph" by Ben Blau - a card mentalism effect (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
brad12d3
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of brad12d3
Just got an unofficial glimpse at the H.O.T.O.A.C. via a PM from Ben. All I can say is that I am stumped. It is very clean and very fair. For those who didn't get the sneak peek you'll see it when he shoots his official demo video and you will be amazed! Great stuff Ben!! Hope you release this soon.. ;-) I'm itching to check it out!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5096 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Ben´s creation is really fooling and shows his genius approach. Best of all, real work material with great "test conditions" criterias.

I wait his releases Smile

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1440 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Thanks, Pablo!
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
WoW Ben

I cannot wait to see the truly amazing magic
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2815 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Arghh, with slight change of schedule, it would have been me having my mind blown by Ben's absolutely brilliant effect. And I would have given him a much better, truly spontaneous reaction! I'm completely baffled as to the method, it just doesn't seem possible. Part of me doesn't even want to know as I enjoy being fooled.

Great work Ben! I look forward to when you have the chance to do it up right. And, OK I admit it, that other part of me can't wait to learn how I was so well deceived.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1440 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
By the way, I want to credit Jay Wilkins for helping me to come up with the name for this effect. I was just calling it "Hands-off Think of Any Card," and in a moment of possibly unintended brillence, Jay PM'd me referring to the routine as "H.O.T.O.A.C", merely to abbreviate. I loved the way it looked and sounded, and asked his permission to use that as the name. A good effect just never seems complete, until you find the right name for it!

Thanks, Jay!
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1035 Posts

Profile of John Carey
I can vouch for how strong this piece is. The hands off aspect is one of the factors that make this piece so strong. Great work Ben!

jc
wilko7
View Profile
Regular user
UK
135 Posts

Profile of wilko7
Ben has been kind enough to share with me some early footage of HOTOAC. Since this thread started I have been intrigued with Bens take on the thought of card. After watching the clip I have not been disappointed. Some things sound too good to be true. We've all been there and had our fingers burned. With HOTOAC this is certainly not the case. From what I have seen, HOTOAC is pure, clean and as it should look, and be, in my opinion.
I cannot wait for this to be released.
We are all in for a treat.
Well done Ben & thank you.
Jay Wilkins.
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
I am so luck to get unofficial footage at the H.O.T.O.A.C. from Ben. That is totally amazing and unbelievable. When I first time saw this trick I have any no idea how does this effect done. Really wish this trick wouldn't to be released. It is powerful and incredible.

My God finally I saw what really amazing trick

Thanks Ben
C_Biskit
View Profile
New user
United States
82 Posts

Profile of C_Biskit
Sounds too good to be true =p

HOTOAC seems like it would be great for that group that wants to see a card trick. I really enjoy hands off stuff because there is less room to say "i bet you did something" making it seem much more real.

Great work so far I can't wait to see the final product!

Best,
Andy
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
803 Posts

Profile of magico
I also was lucky to get to see a unofficial demo of H.O.T.O.A.C. I have to agree that this is good. There was only one thing I would do different and sent my thoughts to Ben. I am looking forward to seeing the final product. I am also looking forward to the release of Polygraph as well.
fagani
View Profile
Special user
Rome - ITALY
533 Posts

Profile of fagani
I was lucky to see the demo of HOTOAC
What else can I say?

It is a clever routine, very clean and with a cool presentation

I look forward to buying the final release

Good work Ben and thanks

Fabio
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Ben has sent me a preview video of HOTOAC. This effect is really great. I did feel that there was one point in the routine which was weak but even with that point I still don't have any idea how he did it. I really look forward to the release of this effect and the other one.

Marian
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Thank you for the preview!
The presentation makes it a great pure demonstration of mind reading!

Hats off!
Stefan Behrens
View Profile
New user
Schwarzenbek, Germany
38 Posts

Profile of Stefan Behrens
I am lucky to see an preview of H.O.T.O.A.C. For me this is an great effect and an unusual way to present the "Think of Any Card" plot. I am lookig forward to see the final product of "POLYGRAPH" and "HOTOAC" in near future. Hard to wait.
Thank You Ben
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1440 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Thanks, folks! I know it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but as long as you don't mind taking your time when presenting this type of effect, it can play very strongly. I think the strength of the effect comes from the "process" the participant is made to follow, and how it "feels" for them. The length of time necessary to do it might be perceived as a weakness to those seeking "quick and shocking" types of effects, and I understand that. This is one of those routines that is at it's best only when you can take your time, and have the undivided attention of your participant and audience. This type of presentation suits my style, but I can see it as being too long if it needs to fit in to a set that needs to feature lots of effects. When I perform it, I want it to feel like something rare and special for those involved, which is part of the reason why I've structured the presentation that way. Also, I realize that I am not the most talented performer in the world, and I'm sure many of my colleagues can and will perform it much better than I.

Thank you all for your continued interest. I will try to make this all available soon. In the meantime, I appreciate your patience. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a message.

-Ben Blau
will4gzus
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
Ben was kind enough to let me preview of HOTOAC. Very well done! I look for to getting his release and having some fun with this. Well done Ben!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11515 Posts

Profile of John C
I saw it. I'm a buyer!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
585 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
It is a very old principle - so old that probably nobody will know it!... I did this when I was a kid (some 50 years ago, ***!) but it is good.
JJS
gab
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of gab
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 03:13, jjsanvert wrote:
It is a very old principle - so old that probably nobody will know it!... I did this when I was a kid (some 50 years ago, ***!) but it is good.

I think I know what you mean... (maybe a French principle?) I used it only 30 years ago!!!
But Ben told me this principle is not in use here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Polygraph" by Ben Blau - a card mentalism effect (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL