The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Polygraph" by Ben Blau - a card mentalism effect (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 03:43, gab wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 03:13, jjsanvert wrote:
It is a very old principle - so old that probably nobody will know it!... I did this when I was a kid (some 50 years ago, ***!) but it is good.

I think I know what you mean... (maybe a French principle?) I used it only 30 years ago!!!
But Ben told me this principle is not in use here!

It's not "that" principle. Smile

-Ben Blau
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I had an old Principal once. When I was a kid. Probably older today.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Yes, but was he French?
Gordon the discombobulator
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Gordon the discombobulator
Any clues as to where this very old principle is published? Or who published it ?

I think you are more talented than you imagine Ben. The video at the start of this thread is more like the sort of videos I like to see. Real performances without all the gloss or the production edits.
Also it avoids starting with the word "imagine...", that is so refreshing.

Looking forward to the release of this effect.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Thanks, Gordon! The principle being speculated here is most likely not what I am using. Gab is referring to d**b. That is clever, but has nothing to do with either of my effects.

I would ask, though, that any further speculation about method be kept out of the public area, whether it's accurate it not. This is not the place to discuss methods.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1120 Posts

Profile of tenchu
Ben, you're the man! Awesome video, great effect. Now I want more!

Mike
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2014-01-08 14:30, Ben Blau wrote:
Yes, but was he French?

She.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Hey now!
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
[/quote]

It's not "that" principle. Smile

-Ben Blau

In that case, it is very clever.
JJS
Dr Weevil
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Dr Weevil
Many thanks to Ben for sharing the preliminary footage of HOTOAC. Thoroughly enjoyed watching it & am now eagerly awaiting news of a release!

...and, don't listen to him when he says 'not the most talented performer'...all lies.
will4gzus
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
It's refreshing to see an unedited demo showing the full effect. No lightning, flashy screens, over the top hype, and other Non-sense. Thank you Ben!!
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Just a quick update. I hope to have another video ready to go for everyone this week. I've been incredibly busy and the footage has been shot we're just now waiting around for that Patrick Redford guy to edit things together so that its viewable.

Sorry for the delay - totally my fault here. The wait is worth it!
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I have seen Hotoac preview.
it is amazing and direct,i like the way ben performs.
well done Ben this effect is for me a winner!
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
My highest priorities as a performer are not to be:

1. Cheesy
2. ******y
3. "Mr. Showbiz", fast-talking magician stereotype.

I try my best to integrate my performance style with my own, hopefully not overhyped, "real" personality. It's not easy, and I don't always succeed. But I actively work at it.

-Ben
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Ooh, it censored #2. It should say "d0uchey"
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I like both ben creations.
I am sure ha has given a new fresh and devious approach to something we all forgot.
GREAT JOB!
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I had the opportunity of viewing HOTOAC and I was fooled. But apart from method, this is the type of effects that go hand in hand with my performing persona. I like Ben's approach to presentation as he gets the most out of an effect. I saw it in Polygraph, and I saw it in HOTOAC.

I understand that this may not fit everyone's taste and that is alright. After all, this is a video of Ben performing and not a video of how one needs to perform this effect.

With all that said, I am excited about what Ben has to offer and I will be on the lookout for his releases.

Good job Ben Smile
Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
479 Posts

Profile of Ross
Ben kindly sent me a performance video of Hotoac. Very intriguing and the relaxed pace would certainly suit my style. I don't buy a lot anymore but I will be picking this up.

Best regards,

Ross
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Any news on when it'll be released please? I'm kinda interested - but mainly for the other bits mentioned previously...thanks...
I've asked to be banned
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I'm sorry it's taking so long. Patrick and I are both busy with work obligations, and are doing our best to coordinate our schedules. I am very grateful that there is continued interest in this project, and appreciate everyone's patience while we get this ready. It will be soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Polygraph" by Ben Blau - a card mentalism effect (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL