The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For you computer experts, latest edition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2013, George Ledo wrote:
Thanks for the links, guys.

I downloaded CCleaner, and it did get rid of some stuff, including one program that would not go away with the Windows uninstall utility. Then I jused Malwarebytes, which found some other stuff.

Right now I still have something that inserts ads in some sites, like this one and one of my email services. I guess I'll just have to continue wasting my time looking for the **** thing.

I would really like to know what it is that entitles some people to think it's okay to load stuff into someone else's computer. How long would we put up with this if the car companies did this to our cars, or kitchen appliance companies did it to our appliances?

I get the ad thing now and again. Somewhere in the ad, in tiny type, it says; "Ad provided by XXXXX" Where XXXX is the name of the ap that's giving you the ad. Go into Uninstall Programs in your Control Panel and see if that name is there. Then delete it.

I use Advanced System Care 8, Malaware and Avast! Avast! is the one that monitors the system in the background and catches stuff.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » For you computer experts, latest edition (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL