The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Think tank / asylum? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
421 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
Find me and add me on google +

I'm just "Peter Pitchford"

email: peterpitchford@gmail.com
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Peter, I added you.

RJH
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
154 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Quote:
On 2013-12-18 09:57, Peter Pitchford wrote:
Hmmmmmm....

Ok, our first think tank / asylum topic is, how do we creatively host a running conversation with the ability to share ideas, critique, plan, innovate, etc.?

I'm not exactly on the cutting edge of technology so some of you tech saavy guys might want to put your 2 cents in.

Peter,

There is already a manipulation sub-forum right here in the Magic Café. I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind so my question is how would a discussion on Google hangout or some other platform be different than the stuff that are being discussed here?

Regards,
Alex
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Alex, I think it's in google hangout instead of the Café, so that we can freely teach each other moves, ask for advice and show routines that we don't want to show to others. In Café you cannot teach moves (Or you can, but then it is for everybody in the Secret sessions).

RJH
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1347 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Google hangouts aren't too bad but I think they might have a limit. There is a thing called Tiny Chat some of the forum kids use over at E and T11.
Official Thread Killer
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
421 Posts

For Tiny Chat can we have a group that involves members only? Can we upload video for others to view later (i.e. our chat can be available for others to view at a later date, etc.)?

On the Café we can't upload videos, pictures, etc. very easily - neither can we discuss methods openly. Also, this would be a way to do things face to face (at least virtually) to avoid petty squabbles and back-handed comments.
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Quote:
On 2013-12-19 17:37, Peter Pitchford wrote:
For Tiny Chat can we have a group that involves members only? Can we upload video for others to view later (i.e. our chat can be available for others to view at a later date, etc.)?

On the Café we can't upload videos, pictures, etc. very easily - neither can we discuss methods openly. Also, this would be a way to do things face to face (at least virtually) to avoid petty squabbles and back-handed comments.

Amen to that.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Why don`t you make a Facebook group Peter ?
alextsui
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
154 Posts

Profile of alextsui
Yes, I think a Facebook group would be better since almost everyone is using Facebook all the time. You can share files, messages, photos and videos in a Facebook group.
bobandjim
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of bobandjim
I would also be interested in a facebook group. I'm still working on moves from the last lecture I had from Peter.
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
Another vote for a Facebook group.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Facebook group is already up.

RJH
leomagnus
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of leomagnus
What's it called?
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
Leo, it's private.

RJH
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
979 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Sounds interesting. How's it going so far?
Bob
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
We haven't had any conversations about manipulation yet.

RJH
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
421 Posts

Right now it is a private group so we can discuss methods, etc. If you are interested in joining and being an active participant, find me on facebook and ask me there.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1814 Posts

Profile of Anatole
There was a "Card Manipulators and Flourishers" group on facebook for a while, but it hasn't been active in a long time. The last post was one of mine way back in April, 2012.

Maybe a facebook forum called "Routined Manipulations" in honor of the Ganson series could be established. That way discussion could focus on all aspects of manipulation (cards, balls, linking rings, silks, et al) and also include discussions of presentation, music selection, books both classic and current, DVDs, youtube links...

And yes, it's very easy to post photos and mpeg videos, etc on facebook.

----- Sonny
----- Sonny Narvaez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Think tank / asylum? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL