The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Card Tricks and Children's Shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Tommy James was apparently too modest to mention his brilliant range of "comeback" routines, which are card tricks, based on one of the better card sleights.

Well done, Dynamike, for mentioning them, they're probably the best card tricks for kids out there....
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
I just finished video taping my rehearsal. I had 45 minutes without any card tricks at all and could have easily stretched out the tricks in that rehearsal to last longer than 45 minutes. Probably wouldn't hurt to throw in a card trick somewhere, probably the card to balloon which I found on one of the magic shop website. I like that trick! Very cool! My costuming looks very corporate like (suit and tie) yet I perform like a children's entertainer (because it's a rehearsal for a children's show). I am wary of costuming for a children's show as I feel it would box me in as strictly a children's entertainer.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am glad for you William. I knew you would do it. Thanks for putting all of our advise together and listening. Maybe you would be selling a DVD to the magicians in a couple of years.

Being a kids magician is not a job, it's an adventure. Stay strong.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 16:33, Dynamike wrote:
I am glad for you William. I knew you would do it. Thanks for putting all of our advise together and listening. Maybe you would be selling a DVD to the magicians in a couple of years.

Being a kids magician is not a job, it's an adventure. Stay strong.

Thanks for the support Dynamike. I appreciate all the help that you and the other magicians have put forth to help me. Couldn't have done without the help of others. My performance of the Vanishing Coke Can is much better than what I started out when I was first practicing and video taping it to review my performance of this trick prior to this show rehearsal. My voice was a little tired after the rehearsal.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
If, and I mean IF, I can ever post a picture, I will show ya'll card tricks for children!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
How about videos?
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Did a kidshow for a wide age range recently. I was aware that there would be preschoolers as well as teenagers, and everything in-between. So I mixed it up and did a Cards Across routine. Went over very well! Everybody loved it.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Dynamike, This is my sec. year doing Street Magic, no videos yet, but, I'm working on it.
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
I perform Card Frame in act #1 and Card in Balloon in act #2

I perform splash bottle where I make a bottle of Fanta orange soda appear out of the balloon when I pop it with a mechanical pencil. Right now, my plan is to hand the Fanta orange drink off to the parents as a "gift" for them to leave Santa Clause when he comes to visit to put Christmas presents under the tree. I didn't want to just produce the orange soda and then do nothing with it afterwards, so I had to think of a way to get rid of it without giving it to any of the children at the birthday party. However, I would like to continue using this trick after Christmas is over. So, I am trying to think of ways to get rid of the Fanta orange drink that make sense and flows with the show and doesn't give any of the orange drink to the children. Given that I use a splash bottle, it would seem that Card in Balloon would flow well with it. Checked penguin magic and couldn't find it. Do you know where I could find "Card in Balloon?"
[/quote]

Yes, the Magic Warehouse carries them.
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 14:42, Potty the Pirate wrote:
Tommy James was apparently too modest to mention his brilliant range of "comeback" routines, which are card tricks, based on one of the better card sleights.

Well done, Dynamike, for mentioning them, they're probably the best card tricks for kids out there....

Truthfully, I didn't even think of it Potty. Really. I know they are "card" tricks but I felt the original post was referring to regular card tricks.

I try not to push my items like Roger does Smile
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
PaulSharke
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of PaulSharke
Quote:
On 2013-12-09 19:37, TonyB2009 wrote:
Mike is right. I often use Pokemon cards for the cards across for that reason. They relate to them more easily.

I've wondered whether this could work! I think a lot of those "collectible card games" are printed on similar stock to Bicycle, etc. Magic the Gathering cards have a great feel to them. I've never handled Yu-Gi-Oh cards, but I suspect they're similar.

I wonder what new card plots using these cards could open up... I have more than a passing familiarity with Magic the Gathering. It would be a good trick to turn a crummy common card, worth nothing, into one of those ultra-rare Black Lotus cards worth several hundred dollars!
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
This time of years I get out my Christmas Cards.

Yep they are playing cards.

Sometimes I use simple things like 4 Ace trick type things but with

Santa Claus and Christmas tree transpostions.

or pick the age of the birthday person/or volunteer and use 4 of the same number.

Keeping it simple, and short..with lots of schtick.(along the way lots of mouth sounds, harmonica bits, cartoon noise generator)..works here as well as other areas.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Simple, and short, Yes usually I would agree. Last Sat. Did OOTW with Naughty/Nice cards. The young man ended up with all Nice cards and the young lady with Naughty. Response? Mom, MOM, YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS! Magic is Soooo much fun!
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
One trick that always works for any situation, birthdays, holidays and even kids special programs is Will The Cards Match. Kids and adults love it. Use you imagination for the clip art and make your own.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Another thing you could do, to appeal to the little ones, is perform a Twisting the Aces routine using animal cards. I believe Trixie Bond used to do this as a warm-up when she first enters the birthday home.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
I've had success with the Rising Card with two child volunteers picking two different cards and having both cards rise out of the pack, one after another. (I do it twice, just in case they don't catch it the first time.)

Some people say the Invisible Deck is the best card trick ever invented. I think it's the Rising Card. All you need to do is buy the $15 deck and you're set for life. I've had mine for over 30 years. I never did it in a show until recently.
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
For card tricks with children, I reference an inexpensive book I bought titled "Easy-to-Do Card Tricks for Children by Karl Fulves". It has 30 card tricks for children and can be used to perform for children or to teach them.

John
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
5-card repeat: Even if theyre only 3, they still know how to count to 5, and you can play the humor like youre just learning to count yourself.

The electric deck: It's more of a sight gag than a trick, but kids love it, and the adults in the room crack up every time.

A fountain: For kids, whats NOT to love about an explosion of cards into the air?
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
I perform for the 3 to 7 year olds so the only card tricks are:

1. After a child makes our live bunny appear I use creative magic's alphabet cards and I force the child to pick a card and then I make sure the bunny picks that card. The kids love this trick.

2. The snake basket and I use star wars cards (for 5 to 7 year olds)

3. Wolfs magic chicken sword and I use alphabet cards
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
There are billions of card tricks that would work well for children.
All you need is an entertaining guy doing the trick and a fun plot.

Paul Harris: whack your pack
Carlyle's Homing Card
Las Vegas Leaper also by Paul Harris
Sleight of Mouth by Lovell / Hobson
Card to Ceiling if allowed by the host
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Card Tricks and Children's Shows (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL