The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Room Service by Mark Presley (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

facesofmagic
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of facesofmagic
Greeting everyone here at the Café. Here is my new effect called "Room Service" It will be distributed through Murphy's Magic. They have been doing some wonderful magic PR and I'm glad to be part pf the team. I would like to share with you the Trailer of "Room Service" I will be up for discussion later next week for any questions. Since I'm releasing the video trailer early I'm sure you will have some questions about the effect. I'll be happy to share them with you. "Room service should be out for purchase to the magic community sometime early next week. I hope. Mid December 2013 just in time for the holidays. My effect would be great to open a show or end a show to by making a glass of wine appear followed by a candle, rose and last grapes. Yes! it's "Room Service" and the only thing missing is a ring for that special someone. By the way I'm so confident of the "No Spill Seal Gimmick: that I'm offering a lifetime guarantee on it.
I hope to talk to you soon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lpz-pFQ6d8 Please feel free to make a comment on the video. Go to youtube comments.

Best Magical Wishes,
Mark Presley
AKA: Imaginator
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Looks very interesting, Mark. Any idea on price?
cricketer15
View Profile
Loyal user
Sydney, Australia
248 Posts

Profile of cricketer15
Intense
Anything is Possible
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The productions look very clumsy to me, maybe it because you are trying to do too much, or it could just be the performer. The candle does not respond to the popup production either time. Or maybe because it was just too slow. I wonder how Lance Burton or David Copperfield would handle the productions.

Nice idea, but I don't think it is ready for prime time. The old hiding the gaff is obvious as I the steal. Hand looks cramped. The performer looks like he does not know where to go after the productions. Keep picking up and putting down. Maybe if there was a audience to applaud it would make a difference.

I only see a production piece like this working in a playlet of some sorts, not really a magic act piece.

Okay, that maybe the answer, it would really only work with an assistant. She comes on with the tray, magician takes it from her, and has the girl sit down. Then the table is set. They hold hands. Will need great romantic music as well.

Or maybe as the last trick, make it a talking piece and thank the audience, produce everything and toast the audience. It will then need some brilliant patter lines as each piece is produced.

The candle needs a holder and should be produced lit to add to the magic. As is you should lit the candle and not re-handle everything.

Just thinking out loud, as there is some possibilities but something is missing, hard to say want exactly. To bad, as this is my kind of magic.
SociallyAwkwardPenguin
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of SociallyAwkwardPenguin
Quote:
On 2013-12-11 11:15, Bill Hegbli wrote:
The productions look very clumsy to me, maybe it because you are trying to do too much, or it could just be the performer. The candle does not respond to the popup production either time. Or maybe because it was just too slow. I wonder how Lance Burton or David Copperfield would handle the productions.

Nice idea, but I don't think it is ready for prime time. The old hiding the gaff is obvious as I the steal. Hand looks cramped. The performer looks like he does not know where to go after the productions. Keep picking up and putting down. Maybe if there was a audience to applaud it would make a difference.

I only see a production piece like this working in a playlet of some sorts, not really a magic act piece.

Okay, that maybe the answer, it would really only work with an assistant. She comes on with the tray, magician takes it from her, and has the girl sit down. Then the table is set. They hold hands. Will need great romantic music as well.

Or maybe as the last trick, make it a talking piece and thank the audience, produce everything and toast the audience. It will then need some brilliant patter lines as each piece is produced.

The candle needs a holder and should be produced lit to add to the magic. As is you should lit the candle and not re-handle everything.

Just thinking out loud, as there is some possibilities but something is missing, hard to say want exactly. To bad, as this is my kind of magic.

Couldn't agree more. Looks really clumsy and under-rehearsed.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I though t it looked great really. Very clearly showing the tray and silk and producing all that with no body loads. Good job Mark!
Any idea on a price?f
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
facesofmagic
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of facesofmagic
Thanks for inquiring. The retail price is $99.99 They just became available on December 17th, 2013
The creating and inventing side of magic has been so rewarding. What an awesome experience it's been.
This is my 4th product in just 14 months. If I could give any advice it would be for magicians to go through the process
of what it's like to produce a magic product. It gave me a whole respect for the work involved in the whole creative, inventing, producing
and marketing side of magic effects.

If you have any magic products/ideas that you may need help or questions
about please feel free to contact me. I would love to help out in any way I can.
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
265 Posts

Profile of paw
These have been moving very fast. almost sold out.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Just awful. Obvious loading and the load itself is totally unimpressive. Plus you get to see how to not fake chew a fake grape. All for $100! Imma gonna get me.....absolutely none. Zero out of ten.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Room Service by Mark Presley (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL