The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sign Language Faux Pas at Madiba's Funeral (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I just don't see how Frogging is going to help in this situation?
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 12:19, arthur stead wrote:

Guys, as I had stated earlier, this is the more likely scenario. Here's my original quote, in case you missed it:

I know, I didn't miss it. I was the first person on this thread to say I have no doubt whatsoever that he's on someones payroll. Of course he is. The people responsible for using this guy didn't get tricked or anything like that. They will say now that they were, but that's nonsense.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 12:14, TomBoleware wrote:
Yes, if it turns out he is a mental health patient, that too would be no laughing matter.

Then, those who laughed may need to take his place behind the woodshed. Smile

Tom

I have to fully agree. I have worked as a special needs worker for both severely and mildly intellectually and physically challenged children, and have a daughter who was born deaf. Am I judgemental towards those who find humour in this? Darn right I am. Especially towards hyprocrites. However, I am glad to see most here have some morals.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
I think schizophrenia would be a very valid excuse but there is no way I'm even going entertain that notion in this case. Unless he's going to claim that he had a schizophrenic episode at the other events he worked where people complained about his non-existent sign language skills.

I mean come on. I heard in an interview yesterday that he claimed this was the sign for Uraguay.

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 16:22, Danny Kazam wrote:
Quote:
Yes, if it turns out he is a mental health patient, that too would be no laughing matter.

Tom

I have to fully agree. I have worked as a special needs worker for both severely and mildly intellectually and physically challenged children, and have a daughter who was born deaf. Am I judgemental towards those who find humour in this? Darn right I am. Especially towards hyprocrites. However, I am glad to see most here have some morals.

You just love name-calling, don't you? Who the **** are you to suggest that others here don't have morals? Your pious pomposity sickens me.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I won't comment on the content but the alliteration is awesome.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Thanks, critter. Took me a while to come up with the right phrase.

BTW- Has anyone contacted Jay Leno and the other "immoral" comics who've been having a field day with this? For the humor impaired it should be pointed out that no one is making fun of the deaf, their making fun of what the guy did.
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
If Obama had a son.......
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 18:53, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 16:22, Danny Kazam wrote:
Quote:

Tom

You just love name-calling, don't you? Who the **** are you to suggest that others here don't have morals? Your pious pomposity sickens me.

I said I was glad to see most people here still have morals. You sir on the other hand like to put words into others posts and make it personally. You like to project a lot, and if you are willing to dish it out, at least be willing to except the same. Sounds like I hurt a nerve. Good. Lol.

Continue to project. I am now enjoying your uneasiness. Karma is a !@#$%. Smile
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Sorry Danny. I read minds, I don't improve them.

You've called people here hypocrites and immoral. And that's just a fact.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 20:04, mastermindreader wrote:

You are obviously terrible at reading minds then. Lol

You should of figured out by now I was referring to just one person. And, considering only one person has directly responded to my post, you should have a good idea of who that person is. Well...at least your conscious knows who I was referring to. Conviction can sometimes be enough to lure the snake out from it's hole. Smile
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 19:04, Kevin Connolly wrote:

... he would have learned lessons of courage and conviction from Mandela? I certainly hope so. Thanks for the thought.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
And maybe the secret Masonic handshake.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Kevin Connolly
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1329 Posts

Profile of Kevin Connolly
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 07:22, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 19:04, Kevin Connolly wrote:

... he would have learned lessons of courage and conviction from Mandela? I certainly hope so. Thanks for the thought.

Or like Sammy the Signer facing murders charges or be on the US terrorist list. Your call. Either way, thankfully the World won't have to be subjected to a Barry JR.
Please visit my website.
www.houdinihimself.com

Always looking buy or trade for original Houdini, Hardeen and escape artist items. I'm interested in books, pitchbooks and ephemera. Email [email]hhoudini@optonline.net[/email]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
The guy conned his way into being a fake interpreter to world leaders, do we not think the schizophrenia defense might also be a con? The guy is a pro.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20370 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think it is very bad. Disrespectful yes but from a security point of view how lucky was it this was a jester and not a nut job?

SO many heads of state so close. Our own president. The lack of vetting by whomever is criminal! Our president deserves much better when he travels.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Agreed Danny. It was an incredible lack of security. I personally don't find it funny. I find it scary as hell that at an event with so many world leaders, that someone like this could have been inches away from them. What if he had been carrying a bomb.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-12-12 21:43, Danny Kazam wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 20:04, mastermindreader wrote:

You are obviously terrible at reading minds then. Lol

You should of figured out by now I was referring to just one person. And, considering only one person has directly responded to my post, you should have a good idea of who that person is. Well...at least your conscious knows who I was referring to. Conviction can sometimes be enough to lure the snake out from it's hole. Smile

Whatever. And I guess you know who I was referring to when I mentioned the humor impaired. Have you considered that show business might not be your best career path?
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 11:56, Slide wrote:
Agreed Danny. It was an incredible lack of security. I personally don't find it funny. I find it scary as hell that at an event with so many world leaders, that someone like this could have been inches away from them. What if he had been carrying a bomb.

This is exactly what I found disturbing as well.
Everyone please play nice, for it's friday and life's
too short, Woot-Woot!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes. That was indeed the most disturbing thing about the incident. But, like I said, the comics are having a field day with it nonetheless. I love how Jay Leno had the video manipulated so it looked like the guy was making balloon animals while the President was speaking.

But you're right, Devious. I shouldn't have bothered responding to the guy, so in the future I won't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sign Language Faux Pas at Madiba's Funeral (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL