The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sign Language Faux Pas at Madiba's Funeral (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 11:59, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 21:43, Danny Kazam wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-12 20:04, mastermindreader wrote:
Sorry Danny. I read minds, I don't improve them.

You've called people here hypocrites and immoral. And that's just a fact.

You are obviously terrible at reading minds then. Lol

You should of figured out by now I was referring to just one person. And, considering only one person has directly responded to my post, you should have a good idea of who that person is. Well...at least your conscious knows who I was referring to. Conviction can sometimes be enough to lure the snake out from it's hole. Smile

Whatever. And I guess you know who I was referring to when I mentioned the humor impaired. Have you considered that show business might not be your best career path?

I make a pretty good living at it. Smile

I always play nice, but throw a stone at me and I will throw one back.

Danny, I never thought about the security issue, but that is also very disturbing. Good thing nothing happened and a lesson can be learned from this hopefully.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Pretty much like I will always respond when called an immoral hypocrite. But why don't we just start over again, as it seems like we may have gotten off on the wrong foot?
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16029 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes most disturbing. I can't sleep at night worrying about the safety of our leaders. He might have been a karate expert doing his warm up exercise for all we know.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
As some others have stated, he probably was someone's nephew put on the payroll in some little payoff deal. He was known. Not a security risk.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 13:19, landmark wrote:
As some others have stated, he probably was someone's nephew put on the payroll in some little payoff deal. He was known. Not a security risk.

Well, he was probably known and probably had security clearance. I expect that the nations attending will perform an audit of both themselves and the hosts on the issue of security clearance for workers and volunteers.

Let's hope that nepotistic hiring of an incompetent is the extent of the problem.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2755 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
It does make you wonder about security. But most likely our government left something like hiring him entirely up to the host.
Critter may be right, he is a local con man that got caught and now he is conning his way out. That's seems to be the normal
nowadays when you get caught, play crazy and get a lawyer.

I still say take him to the woodshed and find out the real story. Smile

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
What's with you and the woodshed, Tom? Smile (That's where we used to go to sneak cigarettes and beer.)
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:

That gets my vote. The government will now do everything in their power to distance themselves from this issue. No one will be blamed ... unless there's a scapegoat from an opposing political party, or someone who has lost favor with Zuma ...

It's very interesting to note that the agency which hired and vetted this guy has completely vanished.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 13:27, TomBoleware wrote:
It does make you wonder about security. But most likely our government left something like hiring him entirely up to the host.
Critter may be right, he is a local con man that got caught and now he is conning his way out. That's seems to be the normal
nowadays when you get caught, play crazy and get a lawyer.

I still say take him to the woodshed and find out the real story. Smile

Tom

So?...

Who's your lawyer?

That was too easy!!!
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"I still say take him to the woodshed and find out the real story."

Is that a pseudonym of water boarding?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20374 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

With all due respec this post shows how little you know of personal protection. Much less that of our leaders.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2755 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
That's (woodshed) where they keep the hickory sticks, the old fashion lie detector.

I can't believe you people haven't been threatened with a whipping and understand how easy it is to get answers.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
"According to South African news network eNCA, Thamsanqa Jantjie has “faced rape (1994), theft (1995), housebreaking (1997), malicious damage to property (1998), murder, attempted murder and kidnapping (2003) charges.” Despite his record, the station said it was not clear whether Jantjie has ever served time in prison, as “many of the charges brought against him were dropped, allegedly because he was mentally unfit to stand trial.” Even more bizarrely, it was not clear whether the murder charge against Jantjie from 2003 was ever properly resolved because the court file against him is “mysteriously empty,” eNCA reported."

Welcome to South Africa.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"
I can't believe you people haven't been threatened with a whipping and understand how easy it is to get answers."

Off topic but: I never has threatened with a beating from a hickory stick from my parents and I certainly never threatened my kids. I would hope that any parent that threatened their children with a beating from a hickory stick would be arrested and the key thrown away.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1823 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 14:08, Marlin1894 wrote:
"According to South African news network eNCA, Thamsanqa Jantjie has “faced rape (1994), theft (1995), housebreaking (1997), malicious damage to property (1998), murder, attempted murder and kidnapping (2003) charges.” Despite his record, the station said it was not clear whether Jantjie has ever served time in prison, as “many of the charges brought against him were dropped, allegedly because he was mentally unfit to stand trial.” Even more bizarrely, it was not clear whether the murder charge against Jantjie from 2003 was ever properly resolved because the court file against him is “mysteriously empty,” eNCA reported."

Welcome to South Africa.

Further proof of either nepotism or ANC membership protection.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:

No doubt about it. For whatever progress SA had made over the years, it still a pretty screwed up place. If you try to view it through a prism of the way things are done in America, for instance, you could never understand it.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 13:42, Slide wrote:
"I still say take him to the woodshed and find out the real story."

Is that a pseudonym of water boarding?

Definitely not a pseudonym. Possibly a euphemism.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2755 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 14:11, Slide wrote:
"
I can't believe you people haven't been threatened with a whipping and understand how easy it is to get answers."

Off topic but: I never has threatened with a beating from a hickory stick from my parents and I certainly never threatened my kids. I would hope that any parent that threatened their children with a beating from a hickory stick would be arrested and the key thrown away.

Maybe that's your problem Slide. Smile

Slide, I've never had a beaten either, but my parents did keep us in line and there is no question in my mind that had I needed it they would have spanked me. Spanked me hard and I mean real hard. I had no problem with those rules and even today, I appreciate how they handled things. That was the normal way to do things back then.

But yes times are different now and we have learned over time there are better ways. And for the record, I never spanked my kids, and would never spank one now.

Still, sometimes I do wonder if going back to the old ways might not be a bad idea for some.

No I'm not suggesting people should beat their kids, I'm simply saying some people today needs the crap beat out of them. Smile

Tom

www.tomboleware.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4911 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-12-13 14:35, Marlin1894 wrote:
Quote:

No doubt about it. For whatever progress SA had made over the years, it still a pretty screwed up place. If you try to view it through a prism of the way things are done in America, for instance, you could never understand it.

I think you severely underestimate the level of nepotism, bribery, and corruption in the United States. But you may be right, that we are more discreet about it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Sign Language Faux Pas at Madiba's Funeral (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL