The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Testimonial Letter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisC
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisC
Hi Everyone!!

As part of a negotiation, I asked for a signed testimonial letter on company letterhead. I assumed the woman who hired me was going to write something, however she said "you probably know what your looking for, type something out and I'll re-write it, sign it we'll send you a PDF."

I'm gonna start writing it now, and email it to her tomorrow.While I get started on, does anyone have any quick tips or advice?

I currently do strolling close up, mindreading and palmistry. I am working on a stage show, and transitioning to just a stage mindreading show, with strolling palmistry as an ad-on/up-sell, or separate service.

When people hear the worlds "palm reader" usually negative connotations arise. "Remember that psychic on the boardwalk who said I was going to die within a year? lets not have that at our party"

I figured since I am writing this, I could use the testimonial as more social proof to further re-enforce the point that I am an entertainer and do fun entertaining readings, and not serious "psychic" type readings.

Any Idea's on phrasing this? Or things to put in the testimonial?

-Chris
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Alikazam has a thread going for his blog. He has a good tip on getting testimonials in his video lecture that I'm about to start implementing. It's much more efficient than what I've been doing.

Basically, the route you're going will not help you long term because you don't even know what you are looking for. And, what's your plan for a testimonial from your next client? What you need are REAL thoughts from your clients. Better to send pre made questions than a blank page.
ChrisC
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisC
Hi Dave

Eventually I will have a form letter, stimulating responses highlighting benefits/overcoming objections. This is my first season targeting the holiday party market so I'm learning as a I go.

For future reference, what questions have worked best for you, if you don't mind sharing?

Also, could you link me to this blog, Google is just giving me links to the phase, abara, kadabara, alikazam and eponymous Pokemon of the same name.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
ChrisC
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ChrisC
Thanks Dave, at around 50:00 the video gives you a nice framework to work with and a way to get specific testimonials.

This is what I came up with, is there anything anyone you would change about it?

"Thanks again for the outstanding, professional show you did at our recent holiday party. What a hit you were! The readings were up-beat and absolutely spot on. Highly recommend. "
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Testimonial Letter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL